Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to C5a-R
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-C5a-R antibody
See all C5a-R primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to C5a-R
SpecificityThis antibody detects endogenous levels of total C5a-R protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human C5a-R. non-phosphopeptide derived from human C5a-R around the phosphorylation site of serine 338.
- WB: Extracts from HeLa cells treated with PMA (125ng/ml, 30mins).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59390 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 46 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 39 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionReceptor for the chemotactic and inflammatory peptide anaphylatoxin C5a. This receptor stimulates chemotaxis, granule enzyme release and superoxide anion production.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
modificationsSulfation plays a critical role in the association of the receptor with C5a, but no significant role in the ability of the receptor to transduce a signal and mobilize calcium in response to a small peptide agonist.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- ANAPHYLATOXIN RECEPTOR antibody
- C5a anaphylatoxin chemotactic receptor antibody
- C5a anaphylatoxin receptor antibody
All lanes : Anti-C5a-R antibody (ab59390) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Extracts from HeLa cells, treated
with PMA (125ng/ml, 30mins).
Lane 2 : Extracts from HeLa cells, treated
with PMA (125ng/ml, 30mins) plus peptide.
Predicted band size: 39 kDa
Observed band size: 46 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab59390 staining C5a-R in human lung.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 1 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system (DAKO Autostainer Plus), at room temperature: sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3 in 1 AR buffers EDTA pH 9.0. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 mins. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS) then incubated with primary antibody for 20 min and detected with Dako envision flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with Diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
ab59390 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Liu X et al. Panton-Valentine Leukocidin Colocalizes with Retinal Ganglion and Amacrine Cells and Activates Glial Reactions and Microglial Apoptosis. Sci Rep 8:2953 (2018). PubMed: 29440661
- Zhang XY et al. Anaphylatoxin C5a induces inflammation and reduces insulin sensitivity by activating TLR4/NF-kB/PI3K signaling pathway in 3T3-L1 adipocytes. Biomed Pharmacother 103:955-964 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29710512
- Mödinger Y et al. C5aR1 interacts with TLR2 in osteoblasts and stimulates the osteoclast-inducing chemokine CXCL10. J Cell Mol Med 22:6002-6014 (2018). PubMed: 30247799
- Mueller KAL et al. Myocardial expression of the anaphylatoxin receptor C3aR is associated with cardiac inflammation and prognosis in patients with non-ischaemic heart failure. ESC Heart Fail 5:846-857 (2018). PubMed: 30168657
- Zhang C et al. Antagonist of C5aR Prevents Cardiac Remodeling in Angiotensin II-Induced Hypertension. Am J Hypertens N/A:N/A (2014). Mouse . PubMed: 24419904