Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [S5/1] to C5a-R
- Suitable for: Inhibition Assay, WB, Flow Cyt, Functional Studies, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rabbit, Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-C5a-R antibody [S5/1]
See all C5a-R primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [S5/1] to C5a-R
SpecificityThe antibody has been shown to inhibit the binding of C5a to its receptor.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Inhibition Assay, WB, Flow Cyt, Functional Studies, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-Fr
Species reactivityReacts with: Rabbit, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to C5a-R aa 1-31 (N terminal).
- Whole blood granulocytes
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituents: PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Purification notes0.2 µm filtered
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11867 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Inhibition Assay||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 42 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170191 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionReceptor for the chemotactic and inflammatory peptide anaphylatoxin C5a. This receptor stimulates chemotaxis, granule enzyme release and superoxide anion production.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
modificationsSulfation plays a critical role in the association of the receptor with C5a, but no significant role in the ability of the receptor to transduce a signal and mobilize calcium in response to a small peptide agonist.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- ANAPHYLATOXIN RECEPTOR antibody
- C5a anaphylatoxin chemotactic receptor antibody
- C5a anaphylatoxin receptor antibody
Human peripheral blood granulocytes stained with ab11867 (red line). Human whole blood was processed using a modified protocol based on Chow et al, 2005 (PMID: 16080188). In brief, human whole blood was fixed in 4% formaldehyde (methanol-free) for 10 min at 22°C. Red blood cells were then lyzed by the addition of Triton X-100 (final concentration - 0.1%) for 15 min at 37°C. For experimentation, cells were treated with 50% methanol (-20°C) for 15 min at 4°C. Cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab11867, 1μg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 4°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H&L) (ab150113) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 4°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >30,000 total events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. Gating strategy - peripheral blood granulocytes.
Immunohistochemical analysis of Human renal tissue, staining C5a-R with ab11867.
For antigen retrieval, slides were immersed in citric acid buffer (pH 6) and were treated in a microwave oven for 10 minutes. Samples were blocked in 3% normal goat serum fr 30 minutes before incubating with primary antibody (1/50) overnight at 4°C. Staining was detected using DAB.
Immunohistochemical analysis of Human spleen (left) and resting neutrophils (right), staining C5a-R with ab11867.
For antigen retrieval, slides were immersed in citric acid buffer (pH 6) and were treated in a microwave oven for 10 minutes. Samples were blocked in 3% normal goat serum fr 30 minutes before incubating with primary antibody (1/5) overnight at 4°C. A FITC-conjugated goat anti-mouse IgG (1/60) was used as the secondary antibody.
ab11867 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Xi W et al. Enrichment of C5a-C5aR axis predicts poor postoperative prognosis of patients with clear cell renal cell carcinoma. Oncotarget 7:80925-80934 (2016). IHC ; Human . PubMed: 27821813
- Yuan J et al. C5a and its receptors in human anti-neutrophil cytoplasmic antibody (ANCA)-associated vasculitis. Arthritis Res Ther 14:R140 (2012). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 22691190
- Conway Morris A et al. C5a mediates peripheral blood neutrophil dysfunction in critically ill patients. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 180:19-28 (2009). PubMed: 19324972
- Oppermann M et al. Probing the human receptor for C5a anaphylatoxin with site-directed antibodies. Identification of a potential ligand binding site on the NH2-terminal domain. J Immunol 151:3785-94 (1993). PubMed: 8376805