Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR7036] to C7
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-C7 antibody [EPR7036]
See all C7 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR7036] to C7
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human C7 aa 800-900. The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P10643
- HepG2, Ramos, K562 and HUVEC cell lysates; Human kidney tissue; HepG2 cells.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab126786 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 94 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 94 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/250 - 1/500. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
FunctionConstituent of the membrane attack complex (MAC) that plays a key role in the innate and adaptive immune response by forming pores in the plasma membrane of target cells. C7 serves as a membrane anchor.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in C7 are a cause of complement component 7 deficiency (C7D) [MIM:610102]. A rare defect of the complement classical pathway associated with susceptibility to severe recurrent infections, predominantly by Neisseria gonorrhoeae or Neisseria meningitidis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the complement C6/C7/C8/C9 family.
Contains 1 EGF-like domain.
Contains 1 LDL-receptor class A domain.
Contains 1 MACPF domain.
Contains 2 Sushi (CCP/SCR) domains.
Contains 2 TSP type-1 domains.
modificationsC7 has 28 disulfide bridges.
- Information by UniProt
- C7 antibody
- CO7_HUMAN antibody
- complement component 7 antibody
- Complement component C7 antibody
All lanes : Anti-C7 antibody [EPR7036] (ab126786) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : HepG2 cell lysate
Lane 2 : Ramos cell lysate
Lane 3 : K562 cell lysate
Lane 4 : HUVEC cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 94 kDa
ab126786, at a 1/250 dilution, staining C7 in paraffin embedded Human kidney tissue by Immunohistochemistry.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab126786, at a 1/100 dilution, staining C7 in HepG2 cells by Immunofluorescence.
ab126786 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Tougan T et al. Molecular Camouflage of Plasmodium falciparum Merozoites by Binding of Host Vitronectin to P47 Fragment of SERA5. Sci Rep 8:5052 (2018). PubMed: 29567995
- Li GS et al. Complement components of nerve regeneration conditioned fluid influence the microenvironment of nerve regeneration. Neural Regen Res 11:682-6 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27212935