Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CACNA1C
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Dog
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CACNA1C antibody
See all CACNA1C primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CACNA1C
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Dog
Predicted to work with: Guinea pig
- Rat brain or heart
General notesFurther dilutions of the antibody should be made in a physiological buffer containing a carrier protein such as 1-3% BSA. This antibody is supplied with 40ug control peptide (immunogen).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Integration of energy
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab58552 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/200. Predicted molecular weight: 249 kDa.
Note: The alpha-subunit is highly sensitive to proteases. All procedures involving a full-length protein should be performed at 4°C and include a protease inhibitor cocktail. When using as a negative control, preincubate 1ug of the control peptide with 1ug of antibody for 1hr at room temperature.
FunctionVoltage-sensitive calcium channels (VSCC) mediate the entry of calcium ions into excitable cells and are also involved in a variety of calcium-dependent processes, including muscle contraction, hormone or neurotransmitter release, gene expression, cell motility, cell division and cell death. The isoform alpha-1C gives rise to L-type calcium currents. Long-lasting (L-type) calcium channels belong to the 'high-voltage activated' (HVA) group. They are blocked by dihydropyridines (DHP), phenylalkylamines, benzothiazepines, and by omega-agatoxin-IIIA (omega-Aga-IIIA). They are however insensitive to omega-conotoxin-GVIA (omega-CTx-GVIA) and omega-agatoxin-IVA (omega-Aga-IVA). Calcium channels containing the alpha-1C subunit play an important role in excitation-contraction coupling in the heart. The various isoforms display marked differences in the sensitivity to DHP compounds. Binding of calmodulin or CABP1 at the same regulatory sites results in an opposit effects on the channel function.
Tissue specificityExpressed in brain, heart, jejunum, ovary, pancreatic beta-cells and vascular smooth muscle. Overall expression is reduced in atherosclerotic vascular smooth muscle.
Involvement in diseaseTimothy syndrome
Brugada syndrome 3
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calcium channel alpha-1 subunit (TC 1.A.1.11) family. CACNA1C subfamily.
DomainEach of the four internal repeats contains five hydrophobic transmembrane segments (S1, S2, S3, S5, S6) and one positively charged transmembrane segment (S4). S4 segments probably represent the voltage-sensor and are characterized by a series of positively charged amino acids at every third position.
Binding of intracellular calcium through the EF-hand motif inhibits the opening of the channel.
modificationsPhosphorylation by PKA activates the channel.
Cellular localizationMembrane. Cell membrane. The interaction between RRAD and CACNB2 regulates its trafficking to the cell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- alpha-1 polypeptide antibody
- cardiac muscle antibody
- isoform 1 antibody
ab58552 has been referenced in 20 publications.
- Han D et al. Allicin disrupts cardiac Cav1.2 channels via trafficking. Pharm Biol 57:245-249 (2019). PubMed: 30929547
- Ronaldson-Bouchard K et al. Advanced maturation of human cardiac tissue grown from pluripotent stem cells. Nature 556:239-243 (2018). PubMed: 29618819
- Chen J et al. Roles and mechanisms of TRPC3 and the PLC?/PKC/CPI-17 signaling pathway in regulating parturition. Mol Med Rep 17:898-910 (2018). PubMed: 29115500
- Yang Y et al. Xanthine Oxidase Inhibitor Allopurinol Prevents Oxidative Stress-Mediated Atrial Remodeling in Alloxan-Induced Diabetes Mellitus Rabbits. J Am Heart Assoc 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29720500
- Ge J et al. S-adenosyl methionine regulates calcium channels and inhibits uterine smooth muscle contraction in rats with infectious premature delivery through the transient receptor protein 3/protein kinase Cß/C-kinase-activated protein phosphatase-1 inhibitor of 17 kDa signaling pathway. Exp Ther Med 16:103-112 (2018). PubMed: 29896230