Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [CB-955] to Calbindin
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Calbindin antibody [CB-955]
See all Calbindin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [CB-955] to Calbindin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Cow Calbindin.
- IHC-P: Rat cerebellum.
This product was changed from ascites to tissue culture supernatant on 10th July 2019. Lot numbers higher than GR3258885 are from tissue culture supernatant. Please note that the dilutions may need to be adjusted accordingly. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our scientific support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab82812 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 10 - 20 µg/ml.|
FunctionBuffers cytosolic calcium. May stimulate a membrane Ca(2+)-ATPase and a 3',5'-cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterase.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calbindin family.
Contains 5 EF-hand domains.
DomainThis protein has four functional calcium-binding sites; potential sites II and VI have lost affinity for calcium.
- Information by UniProt
- avian-type antibody
- CAB27 antibody
- CALB 1 antibody
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of rat cerebellum tissue labelling Calbindin with ab82812 at 10 µg/mL.
Lane 1 : Anti-Calbindin antibody [CB-955] (ab82812) at 4 µg/ml
Lane 2 : No primary control
All lanes : MDBK cell extract
All lanes : Goat Anti-Mouse IgG (HRP)
Developed using the ECL technique.
ab82812 has been referenced in 32 publications.
- Haraguchi R et al. New Insights into the Pathogenesis of Diabetic Nephropathy: Proximal Renal Tubules Are Primary Target of Oxidative Stress in Diabetic Kidney. Acta Histochem Cytochem 53:21-31 (2020). PubMed: 32410750
- Goto T et al. Generation of pluripotent stem cell-derived mouse kidneys in Sall1-targeted anephric rats. Nat Commun 10:451 (2019). PubMed: 30723213
- Komura H et al. Alzheimer Aß Assemblies Accumulate in Excitatory Neurons upon Proteasome Inhibition and Kill Nearby NAKa3 Neurons by Secretion. iScience 13:452-477 (2019). PubMed: 30827871
- Nair RR et al. Impaired Mitochondrial Fatty Acid Synthesis Leads to Neurodegeneration in Mice. J Neurosci 38:9781-9800 (2018). PubMed: 30266742
- Ojala DS et al. In Vivo Selection of a Computationally Designed SCHEMA AAV Library Yields a Novel Variant for Infection of Adult Neural Stem Cells in the SVZ. Mol Ther 26:304-319 (2018). PubMed: 28988711