Key features and details
- Cell-permeable fluorescent dye for determining cell viability
- CAS Number: 148504-34-1
- Purity: > 96%
- Soluble in DMSO
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameCalcein AM, fluorescent dye for cell viability
DescriptionCell-permeable fluorescent dye for determining cell viability
[9H]xanthene]-2',7'-diyl]bis(methylene)]bis[N-[2-[(acetyloxy)methoxy]-2-oxoethyl]-glycine 1,1'-bis[(acetyloxy)methyl] ester
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. It is important to note that this product is reported to be light sensitive. Store In the Dark. Store under desiccating conditions.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
For more information on AM esters please visit our AM esters FAQ page.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab141420 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Zhang Q et al. Adjustable and ultrafast light-cured hyaluronic acid hydrogel: promoting biocompatibility and cell growth. J Mater Chem B 8:5441-5450 (2020). PubMed: 32555786
- Charbonneau AM & Tran SD 3D Cell Culture of Human Salivary Glands Using Nature-Inspired Functional Biomaterials: The Egg Yolk Plasma and Egg White. Materials (Basel) 13:N/A (2020). PubMed: 33126509
- Zhu X et al. Ribosome Recycling by ABCE1 Links Lysosomal Function and Iron Homeostasis to 3' UTR-Directed Regulation and Nonsense-Mediated Decay. Cell Rep 32:107895 (2020). PubMed: 32668236
- Luo W et al. Investigation of Au SAMs Photoclick Derivatization by PM-IRRAS. Langmuir 36:1014-1022 (2020). PubMed: 31922420
- Yokota T et al. Type V Collagen in Scar Tissue Regulates the Size of Scar after Heart Injury. Cell 182:545-562.e23 (2020). PubMed: 32621799
- Ye Z et al. A Peptide Analogue of Selectin Ligands Attenuated Atherosclerosis by Inhibiting Monocyte Activation. Mediators Inflamm 2019:8709583 (2019). PubMed: 31198404
- Kosovec JE et al. CDK4/6 dual inhibitor abemaciclib demonstrates compelling preclinical activity against esophageal adenocarcinoma: a novel therapeutic option for a deadly disease. Oncotarget 8:100421-100432 (2017). PubMed: 29245989