Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Calcineurin A
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Calcineurin A antibody
See all Calcineurin A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Calcineurin A
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Horse, Chicken, Cow, Dog, Turkey, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan, Xenopus tropicalis
A synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residue 470 and the C-terminus (residue 521) of human Calcineurin A (NP_000935.1).
- Whole cell lysate from hela cells, NIH3T3 cells and 293T cells.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1.815% Tris, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 0.021% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab71149 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 59 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 59 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
|IHC-P||1/500 - 1/2000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionCalcium-dependent, calmodulin-stimulated protein phosphatase. This subunit may have a role in the calmodulin activation of calcineurin. Dephosphorylates DNM1L, HSPB1 and SSH1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PPP phosphatase family. PP-2B subfamily.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Colocalizes with ACTN1 and MYOZ2 at the Z line in heart and skeletal muscle.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha isoform formerly PPP2B antibody
- Calcineurin A alpha antibody
- Calcineurin A1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Calcineurin A antibody (ab71149) at 0.1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate from Hela cells at 50 µg
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate from Hela cells at 15 µg
Lane 3 : Whole cell lysate from Hela cells at 5 µg
Lane 4 : Whole cell lysate from 293T cells at 50 µg
Lane 5 : Whole cell lysate from NIH 3T3 cells at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 59 kDa
Observed band size: 59 kDa
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human prostate carcinoma tissue labelling Calcineurin A with ab71149 at 1/1000 (1µg/ml). Detection: DAB.
Immunoprecipitation/ Western Blot of Calcineurin A
Lane 1: ab71149 at 3µg/mg whole cell lysate. Lane 2: Control IgG.
Whole cell lysate from Hela cells at 1mg for IP, 20% of IP loaded. Subsequent WB detection was performed with 1 µg/ml ab71149.
Chemiluminescence with an exposure time of 30 seconds.
ab71149 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Zhang Y et al. USP16-mediated deubiquitination of calcineurin A controls peripheral T cell maintenance. J Clin Invest 129:2856-2871 (2019). PubMed: 31135381
- Tang Z et al. Quantitative Proteomic Analysis and Evaluation of the Potential Prognostic Biomarkers in Cholangiocarcinoma. J Cancer 10:3985-3999 (2019). PubMed: 31417643
- Haryuna TS et al. Curcumin Reduces the Noise-Exposed Cochlear Fibroblasts Apoptosis. Int Arch Otorhinolaryngol 20:370-376 (2016). IHC ; Rat . PubMed: 27746842
- Tao J et al. Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress Predicts Clinical Response to Cyclosporine Treatment in Primary Membranous Nephropathy. Am J Nephrol 43:348-56 (2016). PubMed: 27166157
- Thoms KM et al. Cyclosporin A, but not everolimus, inhibits DNA repair mediated by calcineurin: implications for tumorigenesis under immunosuppression. Exp Dermatol 20:232-6 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21323745