Key features and details
- Assay type: Enzyme activity
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Sample type: Inhibitor compounds, Purified protein
Product nameCalcineurin Phosphatase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric)
See all Calcineurin A kits
Sample typePurified protein, Inhibitor compounds
Assay typeEnzyme activity
Abcam Calcineurin Phosphatase Activity Assay Kit (Colorimetric) (ab139461) is a complete non-radioactive colorimetric assay kit designed for measuring calcineurin phosphatase activity through kinetic assay or for inhibitor screening. The activity is determined using the RII phosphopeptide substrate, the most efficient and selective peptide known for calcineurin, and detection of free phosphate released is based on the classic malachite green assay.
Abcam has not and does not intend to apply for the REACH Authorisation of customers’ uses of products that contain European Authorisation list (Annex XIV) substances.
It is the responsibility of our customers to check the necessity of application of REACH Authorisation, and any other relevant authorisations, for their intended uses.
Storage instructionsStore at -80°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 96-well Clear Microplate (1/2 Volume) 1 unit Active Calcineurin Enzyme 1 x 50µl Calcineurin Assay Buffer 1 x 20ml Calcineurin Substrate 1 x 1.5mg Calmodulin 1 x 100µl Green Assay Reagent 1 x 20ml Phosphate Standard 1 x 0.5ml
FunctionCalcium-dependent, calmodulin-stimulated protein phosphatase. This subunit may have a role in the calmodulin activation of calcineurin. Dephosphorylates DNM1L, HSPB1 and SSH1.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the PPP phosphatase family. PP-2B subfamily.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Colocalizes with ACTN1 and MYOZ2 at the Z line in heart and skeletal muscle.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha isoform formerly PPP2B
- Calcineurin A alpha
- Calcineurin A1
ab139461 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Wei J et al. Suppression of Calcineurin Enhances the Toxicity of Cry1Ac to Helicoverpa armigera. Front Microbiol 12:634619 (2021). PubMed: 33643268
- Shiou YL et al. Very Low-Density Lipoproteins of Metabolic Syndrome Modulates STIM1, Suppresses Store-Operated Calcium Entry, and Deranges Myofilament Proteins in Atrial Myocytes. J Clin Med 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31226824
- NavaneethaKrishnan S et al. Loss of Cdk5 in breast cancer cells promotes ROS-mediated cell death through dysregulation of the mitochondrial permeability transition pore. Oncogene 37:1788-1804 (2018). Functional Studies ; Human . PubMed: 29348461
- Li Z et al. Calcineurin/nuclear factor-?B signaling mediates isoflurane-induced hippocampal neuroinflammation and subsequent cognitive impairment in aged rats. Mol Med Rep 15:201-209 (2017). Functional Studies ; Rat . PubMed: 27909728
- Li S et al. The 1p36 Tumor Suppressor KIF 1Bß Is Required for Calcineurin Activation, Controlling Mitochondrial Fission and Apoptosis. Dev Cell 36:164-78 (2016). PubMed: 26812016