Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Calcitonin receptor/CT-R
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, IHC-FoFr, IHC-P, WB, ELISA
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Calcitonin receptor/CT-R antibody
See all Calcitonin receptor/CT-R primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Calcitonin receptor/CT-R
ab11042 recognises the calcitonin receptor/CT-R in human, mouse and rat. The calcitonin receptor/CT-R is a seven transmembrane domain cell surface protein which is coupled to G protein messenger systems. This antibody recognises an epitope within the cytoplasmic domain that is common to both C1a and C1b rat isoforms.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, IHC-FoFr, IHC-P, WB, ELISAmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Kidney, cultered osteoclasts.
General notesShould this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
Previously labelled as Calcitonin receptor
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesPurified IgG was prepared from whole serum by affinity chromatography.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11042 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||1/10 - 1/50.|
|IHC-FoFr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||1/10 - 1/50. We recommend the use of 4% paraformaldehyde fixation, rather than formalin fixation. A sensitive detection system is also recommended. e.g. A catalysed signal amplification system. This product does not require protein digestion pre-treatment This product does not require antigen retrieval using heat treatment prior to staining of paraffin embedded sections.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 56.9 kDa.|
FunctionThis is a receptor for calcitonin. The activity of this receptor is mediated by G proteins which activate adenylyl cyclase. The calcitonin receptor is thought to couple to the heterotrimeric guanosine triphosphate-binding protein that is sensitive to cholera toxin.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 2 family.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Calcitonin receptor antibody
- Calcitonin receptor precursor antibody
- CALCR antibody
ab11042 staining Calcitonin receptor/CT-R in Rat brain tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (PFA perfusion fixed frozen sections). Tissue samples were fixed by perfusion with paraformaldehyde, permeablized with 0.3% Triton-X, blocked with 5% serum for 45 minutes at 22°C. The sample was incubated with primary antibody (1/500) at 4°C for 18 hours. An Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated Donkey anti-rabbit polyclonal (1/500) was used as the secondary antibody
ab11042 has been referenced in 19 publications.
- Csete D et al. Hematopoietic or Osteoclast-Specific Deletion of Syk Leads to Increased Bone Mass in Experimental Mice. Front Immunol 10:937 (2019). PubMed: 31134061
- Goda T et al. Calcitonin receptors are ancient modulators for rhythms of preferential temperature in insects and body temperature in mammals. Genes Dev 32:140-155 (2018). PubMed: 29440246
- Lutz TA et al. Amylin Selectively Signals Onto POMC Neurons in the Arcuate Nucleus of the Hypothalamus. Diabetes 67:805-817 (2018). PubMed: 29467172
- Langen UH et al. Cell-matrix signals specify bone endothelial cells during developmental osteogenesis. Nat Cell Biol 19:189-201 (2017). PubMed: 28218908
- Wagner JM et al. Diminished bone regeneration after debridement of posttraumatic osteomyelitis is accompanied by altered cytokine levels, elevated B cell activity, and increased osteoclast activity. J Orthop Res 35:2425-2434 (2017). PubMed: 28263017