Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Calcium Pump PMCA2 ATPase
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Calcium Pump PMCA2 ATPase antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Calcium Pump PMCA2 ATPase
SpecificityDetects PMCA 2a and 2b ATPase.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Non human primates
- IHC-P: Human brain and cervical carcinoma tissue.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3529 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Use at an assay dependent concentration.
FunctionThis magnesium-dependent enzyme catalyzes the hydrolysis of ATP coupled with the transport of calcium out of the cell.
Tissue specificityMainly expressed in brain cortex. Found in low levels in skeletal muscle, heart muscle, stomach, liver, kidney and lung. Isoforms containing segment B are found in brain cortex and at low levels in other tissues. Isoforms containing segments X and W are found at low levels in all tissues. Isoforms containing segment A and segment Z are found at low levels in skeletal muscle and heart muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cation transport ATPase (P-type) (TC 3.A.3) family. Type IIB subfamily.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- AT2B2_HUMAN antibody
- atp2b2 antibody
- ATPase plasma membrane Ca2+ transporting 2 antibody
Immunohistochemistry was performed on normal biopsies of deparaffinized Human brain tissue. To expose target proteins heat induced antigen retrieval was performed using 10mM sodium citrate (pH6.0) buffer microwaved for 8-15 minutes. Following antigen retrieval tissues were blocked in 3% BSA-PBS for 30 minutes at room temperature. Tissues were then probed at a dilution of 1:200 with a rabbit polyclonal antibody recognizing PMCA2 ATPase ab3529 or without primary antibody (negative control) overnight at 4°C in a humidified chamber. Tissues were washed extensively with PBST and endogenous peroxidase activity was quenched with a peroxidase suppressor. Detection was performed using a biotin-conjugated secondary antibody and SA-HRP followed by colorimetric detection using DAB. Tissues were counterstained with hematoxylin and prepped for mounting.
Human cerebellum (Centre panel) and lung (Negative control, right panel) stained for PMCA2 ATPase using ab3529 at 1/20 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis. The left hand panel is a secondary antibody only control.
Immunohistochemistry was performed on cancer biopsies of deparaffinized Human cervical carcinoma tissue. To expose target proteins heat induced antigen retrieval was performed using 10mM sodium citrate (pH6.0) buffer microwaved for 8-15 minutes. Following antigen retrieval tissues were blocked in 3% BSA-PBS for 30 minutes at room temperature. Tissues were then probed at a dilution of 1:20 with a rabbit polyclonal antibody recognizing PMCA2 ATPase ab3529 or without primary antibody (negative control) overnight at 4°C in a humidified chamber. Tissues were washed extensively with PBST and endogenous peroxidase activity was quenched with a peroxidase suppressor. Detection was performed using a biotin-conjugated secondary antibody and SA-HRP followed by colorimetric detection using DAB. Tissues were counterstained with hematoxylin and prepped for mounting.
ab3529 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Robertson SYT et al. Multiple Calcium Export Exchangers and Pumps Are a Prominent Feature of Enamel Organ Cells. Front Physiol 8:336 (2017). WB . PubMed: 28588505
- Schmidt N et al. Neuroplastin and Basigin Are Essential Auxiliary Subunits of Plasma Membrane Ca2+-ATPases and Key Regulators of Ca2+ Clearance. Neuron 96:827-838.e9 (2017). PubMed: 29056295
- Sun F et al. 1,25-Dihydroxyvitamin D3 modulates calcium transport in goat mammary epithelial cells in a dose- and energy-dependent manner. J Anim Sci Biotechnol 7:41 (2016). WB ; Goat . PubMed: 27471592
- Murphy S et al. Label-free mass spectrometric analysis reveals complex changes in the brain proteome from the mdx-4cv mouse model of Duchenne muscular dystrophy. Clin Proteomics 12:27 (2015). PubMed: 26604869
- Laporta J et al. Peripheral serotonin regulates maternal calcium trafficking in mammary epithelial cells during lactation in mice. PLoS One 9:e110190 (2014). PubMed: 25299122
- Sherkhane P & Kapfhammer JP The Plasma Membrane Ca(2+)-ATPase2 (PMCA2) Is Involved in the Regulation of Purkinje Cell Dendritic Growth in Cerebellar Organotypic Slice Cultures. Neural Plast 2013:321685 (2013). IHC (PFA fixed) ; Mouse . PubMed: 24288624
- Chen Q et al. The development, distribution and density of the plasma membrane calcium ATPase 2 calcium pump in rat cochlear hair cells. Eur J Neurosci 36:2302-10 (2012). IHC ; Rat . PubMed: 22672315
- Kurnellas MP et al. Reduced expression of plasma membrane calcium ATPase 2 and collapsin response mediator protein 1 promotes death of spinal cord neurons. Cell Death Differ : (2010). WB, ICC/IF ; Rat . PubMed: 20489728
- Jensen TP et al. Presynaptic plasma membrane Ca2+ ATPase isoform 2a regulates excitatory synaptic transmission in rat hippocampal CA3. J Physiol 579:85-99 (2007). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 17170045