Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Calnexin - ER Membrane Marker
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, IP, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Guinea pig, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Monkey, Quail
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Calnexin antibody - ER Membrane Marker
See all Calnexin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Calnexin - ER Membrane Marker
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, IP, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Guinea pig, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Monkey, Quail
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Dog Calnexin (C terminal) conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Haemocyanin (KLH).
References regarding specificity
Horner SM et al. Mitochondrial-associated endoplasmic reticulum membranes (MAM) form innate immune synapses and are targeted by hepatitis C virus. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 108:14590-5 (2011). PubMed: 21844353
Myhill N et al. The subcellular distribution of calnexin is mediated by PACS-2. Mol Biol Cell 19:2777-88 (2008). PubMed: 18417615
Yoshimura SI et al. Direct targeting of cis-Golgi matrix proteins to the Golgi apparatus. J Cell Sci 114:4105-15 (2001). PubMed: 11739642
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75801 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 90 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 90 kDa).|
FunctionCalcium-binding protein that interacts with newly synthesized glycoproteins in the endoplasmic reticulum. It may act in assisting protein assembly and/or in the retention within the ER of unassembled protein subunits. It seems to play a major role in the quality control apparatus of the ER by the retention of incorrectly folded proteins.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calreticulin family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Melanosome. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
- Calnexin antibody
- CALX_HUMAN antibody
- CANX antibody
Anti-Calnexin antibody - ER Membrane Marker (ab75801) at 1/2000 dilution ((in TBS with 0.05% TW-20)) + HeLa cell lysate
An HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 90 kDa
ab75801 staining Calnexin in juvenile mouse backskin tissue section by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/ PFA fixed paraffin-embedded tissue sections).
ab75801 used in Immunoprecipitation of Calnexin from Human Hela cells. The antibody was used at 20µl per 1 ml of cell lysate.
20µl of protein G beads were used in Immunoprecipitation.
ab75801 staining Calnexin in HeLa cells by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluoresence). Cells were fixed with 4% PFA for 20 minutes at room temperature. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/100) for 1 hour at room temperature. A Fluoroscein-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG secondary antibody was used.
ab75801 has been referenced in 36 publications.
- Laroche M et al. Early deficits in olfaction are associated with structural and molecular alterations in the olfactory system of a Huntington disease mouse model. Hum Mol Genet N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32436947
- Mattera VS et al. Extracellular vesicles containing the transferrin receptor as nanocarriers of apotransferrin. J Neurochem N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32248519
- Mutvei AP et al. Rap1-GTPases control mTORC1 activity by coordinating lysosome organization with amino acid availability. Nat Commun 11:1416 (2020). PubMed: 32184389
- Shum MG et al. Destination and consequences of Panx1 and mutant expression in polarized MDCK cells. Exp Cell Res 381:235-247 (2019). PubMed: 31102595
- Adolf F et al. Proteomic Profiling of Mammalian COPII and COPI Vesicles. Cell Rep 26:250-265.e5 (2019). PubMed: 30605680