Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Calnexin - ER membrane marker - ER Marker
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ICC/IF, IHC-FoFr, WB, IP, Flow Cyt, ICC
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Guinea pig, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Monkey, Quail
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Calnexin - ER membrane marker antibody - ER Marker
See all Calnexin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Calnexin - ER membrane marker - ER Marker
SpecificityWeak reactivity with Chicken, Fruitfly (Drosophila melanogaster) and Xenopus laevis.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ICC/IF, IHC-FoFr, WB, IP, Flow Cyt, ICCmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Rabbit, Guinea pig, Hamster, Cow, Dog, Human, Pig, Monkey, Quail
- Heat Shocked HeLa Cell Lysate.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab13504 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ICC/IF: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IHC-P: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution.
IHC-FoFr: Use at an assay dependent dilution (PMID 18621691).
WB: 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 90 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 90 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionCalcium-binding protein that interacts with newly synthesized glycoproteins in the endoplasmic reticulum. It may act in assisting protein assembly and/or in the retention within the ER of unassembled protein subunits. It seems to play a major role in the quality control apparatus of the ER by the retention of incorrectly folded proteins.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calreticulin family.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum membrane. Melanosome. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
- Calnexin antibody
- CALX_HUMAN antibody
- CANX antibody
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis using ab13504 at 1/80 for 12 hours at 4°C in Heat Shocked HeLa Cells. Fixed 2% Formaldehyde for 20 min at RT. Secondary Antibody: R-PE Goat Anti-Rabbit (yellow) at 1/200 for 2 hours at RT. Counterstain: DAPI (blue) nuclear stain at 1/40000 for 2 hours at RT. (A) DAPI (blue) nuclear stain. (B) Anti-Calnexin-CT Antibody. (C) Composite. Heat Shocked at 42°C for 1h.
Immunohistochemistry analysis using ab13504 at 1/100 for 1 hour at RT in mouse backskin. Fixed by Bouin’s Fixative Solution. Secondary Antibody: FITC Goat Anti-Rabbit (green) at 1/50 for 1 hour at RT.
All lanes : Anti-Calnexin - ER membrane marker antibody - ER Marker (ab13504) at 1/2000 dilution
All lanes : Mixture of rat tissue lysates
Predicted band size: 90 kDa
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis using ab13504 at 1/100 for 12 hours at 4°C in HaCaT cells. Fixed by Cold 100% methanol at -20C for 10 minutes. Secondary Antibody: FITC Goat Anti-Rabbit at 1/50 for 1-2 hours at RT in dark. /
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis using ab13504 at 1/80 for 12 hours at 4°C in Heat Shocked HeLa Cells. Fixed by 2% Formaldehyde for 20 min at RT. Secondary Antibody: FITC Goat Anti-Rabbit (green) at 1/200 for 2 hours at RT. Counterstain: DAPI (blue) nuclear stain at 1:40000 for 2 hours at RT. Heat Shocked at 42°C for 1h.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab13504 has been referenced in 24 publications.
- Wang M et al. Modified Xiaoyao San ameliorates depressive-like behaviors by triggering autophagosome formation to alleviate neuronal apoptosis. Biomed Pharmacother 111:1057-1065 (2019). PubMed: 30841419
- Aryal B et al. Absence of ANGPTL4 in adipose tissue improves glucose tolerance and attenuates atherogenesis. JCI Insight 3:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29563332
- Filadi R et al. TOM70 Sustains Cell Bioenergetics by Promoting IP3R3-Mediated ER to Mitochondria Ca2+ Transfer. Curr Biol 28:369-382.e6 (2018). PubMed: 29395920
- Andersen S et al. The N-terminally truncated µ3 and µ3-like opioid receptors are transcribed from a novel promoter upstream of exon 2 in the human OPRM1 gene. PLoS One 8:e71024 (2013). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 23951073
- Lowe CE et al. Investigating the involvement of the ATF6a pathway of the unfolded protein response in adipogenesis. Int J Obes (Lond) 36:1248-51 (2012). PubMed: 22124452