Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Calpain 1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Calpain 1 antibody
See all Calpain 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Calpain 1
Specificityab28258 recognizes Domain I of the large subunit of Calpain 1. The antibody does not recognize amino-processed Calpain 1, and can be used to discriminate between latent and amino-processed forms. Also ab28258 does not recognize the other calpain family members (M calpain, calpain 94, ncl 2, ncl 3, etc.).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Calpain 1.
(Peptide available as
- Calpain 1
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferConstituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody has been peptide-affinity purified.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28258 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 82 kDa. 1/1000, when using colorimetric substrates such as BCIP/NBT - 1/5000, when using chemiluminescent substrates. But note that when used against the reduced protein, ab28258 identifies bands at 80 kDa, 68 kDa, and a series of further cleaved forms. Dilution optimised using Chromogenic detection.|
FunctionCalcium-regulated non-lysosomal thiol-protease which catalyze limited proteolysis of substrates involved in cytoskeletal remodeling and signal transduction.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C2 family.
Contains 1 calpain catalytic domain.
Contains 4 EF-hand domains.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell membrane. Translocates to the plasma membrane upon Ca(2+) binding.
- Information by UniProt
- Ca2 activated neutral protease antibody
- Calcium activated neutral proteinase antibody
- Calcium activated neutral proteinase small subunit antibody
Anti-Calpain 1 antibody (ab28258) at 1/1000 dilution + Calpain 1 at 10 µg
Predicted band size: 82 kDa
Observed band size: 80 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab28258 has been referenced in 16 publications.
- Zhou YD & Cai L Calpeptin Reduces Neurobehavioral Deficits and Neuronal Apoptosis Following Subarachnoid Hemorrhage in Rats. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 28:125-132 (2019). PubMed: 30337208
- Oury J et al. MACF1 links Rapsyn to microtubule- and actin-binding proteins to maintain neuromuscular synapses. J Cell Biol 218:1686-1705 (2019). PubMed: 30842214
- Savikj M et al. Altered oxidative stress and antioxidant defence in skeletal muscle during the first year following spinal cord injury. Physiol Rep 7:e14218 (2019). PubMed: 31456346
- Crowell KT et al. Temporally Distinct Regulation of Pathways Contributing to Cardiac Proteostasis During the Acute and Recovery Phases of Sepsis. Shock 50:616-626 (2018). PubMed: 29240643
- Pahima H et al. Hypoxic-induced truncation of voltage-dependent anion channel 1 is mediated by both asparagine endopeptidase and calpain 1 activities. Oncotarget 9:12825-12841 (2018). PubMed: 29560113