Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Calpain 1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Calpain 1 antibody
See all Calpain 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Calpain 1
SpecificityThis antibody binds to reduced and non reduced Calpain 1. It reacts with Domain IV of Calpain 1, and detects both latent and aminoprocessed (activated) Calpain 1. It but does not cross react with the other calpain family members (Calpain 2, calpain 94, ncl 2, ncl 3, etc.).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide based on Domain IV of the large subunit of Human Calpain 1. (Peptide available as ab41300.)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab39170 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionCalcium-regulated non-lysosomal thiol-protease which catalyze limited proteolysis of substrates involved in cytoskeletal remodeling and signal transduction.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C2 family.
Contains 1 calpain catalytic domain.
Contains 4 EF-hand domains.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell membrane. Translocates to the plasma membrane upon Ca(2+) binding.
- Information by UniProt
- Ca2 activated neutral protease antibody
- Calcium activated neutral proteinase antibody
- Calcium activated neutral proteinase small subunit antibody
ICC/IF image of ab39170 stained MCF-7 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab39170, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab39170 has been referenced in 22 publications.
- Tapia VS et al. The three cytokines IL-1ß, IL-18, and IL-1a share related but distinct secretory routes. J Biol Chem 294:8325-8335 (2019). PubMed: 30940725
- Cai Z et al. Use of a Mouse Model and Human Umbilical Vein Endothelial Cells to Investigate the Effect of Arsenic Exposure on Vascular Endothelial Function and the Associated Role of Calpains. Environ Health Perspect 127:77003 (2019). PubMed: 31274337
- Telechea-Fernández M et al. New localization and function of calpain-2 in nucleoli of colorectal cancer cells in ribosomal biogenesis: effect of KRAS status. Oncotarget 9:9100-9113 (2018). PubMed: 29507677
- Weber JJ et al. Calpastatin ablation aggravates the molecular phenotype in cell and animal models of Huntington disease. Neuropharmacology 133:94-106 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29355642
- Su B et al. Calpeptin is neuroprotective against acrylamide-induced neuropathy in rats. Toxicology 400-401:1-8 (2018). PubMed: 29524570