Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Calpain 10
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Calpain 10 antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Calpain 10
SpecificityThe antibody binds to Calpain-10, but does not cross react with the other calpain family members (Calpain-1, Calpain-2, Calpain-3, etc.). The antibody binds to the aminoterminal end of domain-III and recognizes latent and amino-processed Calpain-10.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28226 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 - 5 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionCalcium-regulated non-lysosomal thiol-protease which catalyze limited proteolysis of substrates involved in cytoskeletal remodeling and signal transduction.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CAPN10 are a cause of susceptibility to diabetes mellitus non-insulin-dependent type 1 (NIDDM1) [MIM:601283]. It is a multifactorial disorder of glucose homeostasis caused by a lack of sensitivity to the body's own insulin. Affected individuals usually have an obese body habitus and manifestations of a metabolic syndrome characterized by diabetes, insulin resistance, hypertension and hypertriglyceridemia. The disease results in long-term complications that affect the eyes, kidneys, nerves, and blood vessels.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C2 family.
Contains 1 calpain catalytic domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Calcium activated neutral protease antibody
- Calcium activated neutral proteinase 10 antibody
- Calcium-activated neutral proteinase 10 antibody
ICC/IF image of ab28226 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 100% methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab28226, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
IHC image of ab28226 staining in normal human pancreas formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab28226, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab28226 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Pánico P et al. Arsenic impairs GLUT1 trafficking through the inhibition of the calpain system in lymphocytes. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 380:114700 (2019). PubMed: 31398423
- Wang T et al. Calpain-10 drives podocyte apoptosis and renal injury in diabetic nephropathy. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes 12:1811-1820 (2019). PubMed: 31571956
- Li Z et al. Cystatin C Expression is Promoted by VEGFA Blocking, With Inhibitory Effects on Endothelial Cell Angiogenic Functions Including Proliferation, Migration, and Chorioallantoic Membrane Angiogenesis. J Am Heart Assoc 7:e009167 (2018). PubMed: 30571388
- Panis C et al. The positive is inside the negative: HER2-negative tumors can express the HER2 intracellular domain and present a HER2-positive phenotype. Cancer Lett 357:186-95 (2015). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 25434795
- Smith MA & Schnellmann RG Mitochondrial calpain 10 is degraded by Lon protease after oxidant injury. Arch Biochem Biophys 517:144-52 (2012). PubMed: 22179018
- Covington MD et al. Calpain 10 is required for cell viability and is decreased in the aging kidney. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 296:F478-86 (2009). PubMed: 19144693
- De Maria A et al. Calpain expression and activity during lens fiber cell differentiation. J Biol Chem 284:13542-50 (2009). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 19269960
- Giguere CJ et al. Mitochondrial calpain 10 activity and expression in the kidney of multiple species. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 366:258-62 (2008). WB ; Mouse, Rat, Rabbit . PubMed: 18054326