Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR2562Y] to Calpain 2
- Suitable for: WB, IP, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Calpain 2 antibody [EPR2562Y]
See all Calpain 2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR2562Y] to Calpain 2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC or IHC-P
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Calpain 2 aa 150-250. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- HeLa cytoplasmic or membrane lysate Permeabilized HeLa cells
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75994 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 80 kDa.|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
FunctionCalcium-regulated non-lysosomal thiol-protease which catalyze limited proteolysis of substrates involved in cytoskeletal remodeling and signal transduction.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C2 family.
Contains 1 calpain catalytic domain.
Contains 3 EF-hand domains.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell membrane. Translocates to the plasma membrane upon Ca(2+) binding.
- Information by UniProt
- Calcium activated neutral proteinase 2 antibody
- Calcium activated neutral proteinase antibody
- Calcium-activated neutral protease 2, catalytic subunit antibody
Anti-Calpain 2 antibody [EPR2562Y] (ab75994) at 1/500 dilution + HeLa cell lysate at 10 µg
HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Observed band size: 75 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Flow cytometric analysis of permeabilized HeLa cells using ab75994 (red) or a rabbit IgG (negative) (green).
ab75994 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Xu F et al. Calpain-2 Enhances Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Progression and Chemoresistance to Paclitaxel via EGFR-pAKT Pathway. Int J Biol Sci 15:127-137 (2019). PubMed: 30662353
- Sun L et al. GAS2-Calpain2 axis contributes to the growth of leukemic cells. Acta Biochim Biophys Sin (Shanghai) 47:795-804 (2015). PubMed: 26358320