Product nameAnti-Calpain small subunit 1 antibody
See all Calpain small subunit 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Calpain small subunit 1
Specificityab28237 binds to calpain S-1, does not cross react with the other calpain family members (calpain S-2, calpain-1, calpain-2, calpain-3, etc.).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Calpain small subunit 1 (N terminal).
- mouse brain tissue lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28237 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-P: Use at a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
WB: 1/1000 when using colorimetric substrates - 1/5000 for chemiluminescent substrates. Predicted molecular weight: 30 kDa. Dilution optimised using Chromogenic detection. Not yet tested in other applications. Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionRegulatory subunit of the calcium-regulated non-lysosomal thiol-protease which catalyzes limited proteolysis of substrates involved in cytoskeletal remodeling and signal transduction.
Sequence similaritiesContains 5 EF-hand domains.
DomainThe contact of the 5th EF-hand domain from each monomer allows the formation of the homodimer and also appears to mediate the contact between the large catalytic subunit and small regulatory subunit for the formation of the heterodimer.
EF-hand domains are paired. EF-hand 1 is paired with EF-hand 2 and EF-hand 3 is paired with EF-hand 4. The fifth EF-hand domain, left unpaired, does not bind the calcium but is responsible of the dimerization by EF-embrace. The first four EF-hand domains bind calcium, however it is not sure if the binding of EF-hand 4 to calcium is physiologically relevant.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell membrane. Translocates to the plasma membrane upon calcium binding.
- Information by UniProt
- 30K antibody
- Calcium activated neutral proteinase antibody
- Calcium activated neutral proteinase small subunit antibody
Plasma membrane (Membrane) and cytoplasmic (Cytosol) fractions were prepared from HUVEC cells and immunoblotted with antibodies against the indicated proteins. HRP-conjugated secondary antibodies were used. Blots are representative of four independent experiments.
ICC/IF image of ab28237 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 100% Methanol fixed (5 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal Goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab28237, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 Goat anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
Ab28237 staining Human normal renal medulla. Staining is localized the nucleus and cytoplasm.
Left panel: with primary antibody at 1 ug/ml. Right panel: isotype control.
Sections were stained using an automated system DAKO Autostainer Plus , at room temperature. Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved with the Dako 3-in-1 AR buffer EDTA pH 9.0 in a DAKO PT Link. Slides were peroxidase blocked in 3% H2O2 in methanol for 10 minutes. They were then blocked with Dako Protein block for 10 minutes (containing casein 0.25% in PBS), then incubated with primary antibody for 20 minutes, and detected with Dako Envision Flex amplification kit for 30 minutes. Colorimetric detection was completed with diaminobenzidine for 5 minutes. Slides were counterstained with Haematoxylin and coverslipped under DePeX. Please note that for manual staining we recommend to optimize the primary antibody concentration and incubation time (overnight incubation), and amplification may be required.
ab28237 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Chen Y et al. Capn4 regulates migration and invasion of ovarian carcinoma cells via targeting osteopontin-mediated PI3K/AKT signaling pathway. Oncol Lett 17:564-570 (2019). PubMed: 30655802
- Lin YW et al. Receptor-Interacting Protein 140 Orchestrates the Dynamics of Macrophage M1/M2 Polarization. J Innate Immun 8:97-107 (2016). PubMed: 26228026
- Ozaki T et al. Intravitreal injection or topical eye-drop application of a µ-calpain C2L domain peptide protects against photoreceptor cell death in Royal College of Surgeons' rats, a model of retinitis pigmentosa. Biochim Biophys Acta 1822:1783-95 (2012). PubMed: 22885154
- McHugh BJ et al. Integrin activation by Fam38A uses a novel mechanism of R-Ras targeting to the endoplasmic reticulum. J Cell Sci 123:51-61 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20016066
- Su SC et al. Annexin 2 Regulates Endothelial Morphogenesis by Controlling AKT Activation and Junctional Integrity. J Biol Chem 285:40624-34 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20947498
- Ozaki T et al. Mitochondrial m-calpain plays a role in the release of truncated apoptosis-inducing factor from the mitochondria. Biochim Biophys Acta 1793:1848-59 (2009). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 19833151