Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Calpastatin
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Calpastatin antibody
See all Calpastatin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Calpastatin
Specificityab28252 recognises Calpastatin aminoterminal end (Domain L) testis isoform
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide to the amino terminal end of the testis isoform of human calpstatin.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 50% Glycerol
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab28252 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/1000 when using colorimetric detection system (BCIP/NBT substrates); 1/5000 when using chemoluminescent substrates. Predicted molecular weight: 76 kDa. But note that when used against the reduced protein identifies bands at 70 Kd, 52 Kd, and a series of further cleaved active forms. Dilution optimised using Chromogenic detection. Not yet tested in other applications. Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionSpecific inhibition of calpain (calcium-dependent cysteine protease). Plays a key role in postmortem tenderization of meat and have been proposed to be involved in muscle protein degradation in living tissue.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protease inhibitor I27 (calpastatin) family.
DomainHas four inhibitory domains.
modificationsThe N-terminus is blocked.
- Information by UniProt
- BS 17 antibody
- Calpain inhibitor antibody
- Calpastatin antibody
ICC/IF image of ab28252 stained HeLa cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab28252, 1µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab28252 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Pánico P et al. Arsenic impairs GLUT1 trafficking through the inhibition of the calpain system in lymphocytes. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 380:114700 (2019). PubMed: 31398423
- Lin XY & Chen SZ Calpain inhibitors ameliorate muscle wasting in a cachectic mouse model bearing CT26 colorectal adenocarcinoma. Oncol Rep 37:1601-1610 (2017). PubMed: 28112357
- Zeng X et al. Acylated and unacylated ghrelin inhibit atrophy in myotubes co-cultured with colon carcinoma cells. Oncotarget 8:72872-72885 (2017). PubMed: 29069832
- Kemp CM et al. The effects of Capn1 gene inactivation on skeletal muscle growth, development, and atrophy, and the compensatory role of other proteolytic systems. J Anim Sci 91:3155-67 (2013). PubMed: 23798514
- Cunha TF et al. Aerobic exercise training upregulates skeletal muscle calpain and ubiquitin-proteasome systems in healthy mice. J Appl Physiol 112:1839-46 (2012). PubMed: 22461440