Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [CALP] to Calponin 1
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, IHC-FoFr, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Calponin 1 antibody [CALP]
See all Calponin 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [CALP] to Calponin 1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, ICC/IF, IHC-FoFr, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Other Immunogen Type corresponding to Human Calponin 1.
- Myoepithelium in normal breast glands.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Constituents: PBS, Tissue culture supernatant
Proprietary preservative that is not sodium azide or thimerosal, protein carrier.
Concentration information loading...
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab700 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-Fr||1/100 - 1/400.
ABC system. 30mins at RT.Calponin 1 has been found to be useful as a marker for myoepithelial and basal lamina in differentiating microinvasive from in situ ductal carcinomas of the breast. Calponin 1 has also been useful in malignant myoepithelium and pleomorphoric adenoma of salivary gland as well as a useful marker for fine needle aspirates of papillary breast lesions.
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 20618694
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-FoFr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 20138661|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/400. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol. ABC system. 30mins at RT.|
FunctionThin filament-associated protein that is implicated in the regulation and modulation of smooth muscle contraction. It is capable of binding to actin, calmodulin, troponin C and tropomyosin. The interaction of calponin with actin inhibits the actomyosin Mg-ATPase activity.
Tissue specificitySmooth muscle, and tissues containing significant amounts of smooth muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calponin family.
Contains 3 calponin-like repeats.
Contains 1 CH (calponin-homology) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Basic calponin antibody
- Calponin 1 antibody
- Calponin 1 basic smooth muscle antibody
ab700 at a 1/50 dilution staining rat heart tissue sections by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). The tissue was formaldehyde fixed prior to incubation with the antibody overnight at 4°C. An Alex-Fluor® 488 conjugated goat anti-mouse antibody was used as the secondary. The image was taken with a confocal laser scanning microscope with an additional Differential Interference Contrast (DIC) mode and shows stained Calponin 1 (smooth muscle cells-green) and counterstained nuclei (DAPI-blue) (left panel).DIC (phase) image of the same tissue (right panel) confirm the localization of the calponin 1 staining in the arterial smooth muscle in the heart tissue with very little background.
ab700 staining Calponin 1 in rat Smooth muscle cells from mesenteric artery by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde in physiological saline solution (PSS) for 4 min at 4°C and permeabilized with 0.3% Triton x100 before blocking with 2% BSA was done for 30 minutes at 20°C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/300: in PSS with 2%BSA and 0.3% Triton X-100) for 14 hours at 4°C. An Alexa Fluor®488-conjugated chicken polyclonal to mouse IgG was used as secondary antibody at 1/400 dilution. Image shows combined fluorescent and transmitted light images. Hoechst 33342 was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
ab700 has been referenced in 20 publications.
- Fang L et al. Nucleolin promotes Ang II-induced phenotypic transformation of vascular smooth muscle cells via interaction with tropoelastin mRNA. Int J Mol Med 43:1597-1610 (2019). PubMed: 30720050
- Kasprzyk-Pawelec A et al. microRNA expression profile in Smooth Muscle Cells isolated from thoracic aortic aneurysm samples. Adv Med Sci 64:331-337 (2019). PubMed: 31022558
- Maclellan RA et al. Analysis of Follicle-Stimulating Hormone Receptor in Infantile Hemangioma. Ann Plast Surg 80:S211-S213 (2018). PubMed: 29596087
- Tamosiuniene R et al. Dominant Role for Regulatory T Cells in Protecting Females Against Pulmonary Hypertension. Circ Res 122:1689-1702 (2018). PubMed: 29545367
- Ventura Ferreira MS et al. Comprehensive characterization of chorionic villi-derived mesenchymal stromal cells from human placenta. Stem Cell Res Ther 9:28 (2018). PubMed: 29402304