Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [CALP] to Calponin 1
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Calponin 1 antibody [CALP]
See all Calponin 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [CALP] to Calponin 1
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
- Myoepithelium in normal breast glands.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituents: PBS, Tissue culture supernatant
Proprietary preservative that is not sodium azide or thimerosal, protein carrier.
Concentration information loading...
Light chain typekappa
FunctionThin filament-associated protein that is implicated in the regulation and modulation of smooth muscle contraction. It is capable of binding to actin, calmodulin, troponin C and tropomyosin. The interaction of calponin with actin inhibits the actomyosin Mg-ATPase activity.
Tissue specificitySmooth muscle, and tissues containing significant amounts of smooth muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calponin family.
Contains 3 calponin-like repeats.
Contains 1 CH (calponin-homology) domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Basic calponin antibody
- Calponin 1 antibody
- Calponin 1 basic smooth muscle antibody
ab700 has been referenced in 21 publications.
- Zhang J et al. Polycystin-1 Downregulation Induced Vascular Smooth Muscle Cells Phenotypic Alteration and Extracellular Matrix Remodeling in Thoracic Aortic Dissection. Front Physiol 11:548055 (2020). PubMed: 33071810
- Fang L et al. Nucleolin promotes Ang II-induced phenotypic transformation of vascular smooth muscle cells via interaction with tropoelastin mRNA. Int J Mol Med 43:1597-1610 (2019). PubMed: 30720050
- Kasprzyk-Pawelec A et al. microRNA expression profile in Smooth Muscle Cells isolated from thoracic aortic aneurysm samples. Adv Med Sci 64:331-337 (2019). PubMed: 31022558
- Maclellan RA et al. Analysis of Follicle-Stimulating Hormone Receptor in Infantile Hemangioma. Ann Plast Surg 80:S211-S213 (2018). PubMed: 29596087
- Tamosiuniene R et al. Dominant Role for Regulatory T Cells in Protecting Females Against Pulmonary Hypertension. Circ Res 122:1689-1702 (2018). PubMed: 29545367
Customer reviews and Q&As
Please note: All products are "FOR RESEARCH USE ONLY. NOT FOR USE IN DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURES"
For licensing inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org