Key features and details
- Chicken polyclonal to Calreticulin
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgY
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Calreticulin antibody
See all Calreticulin primary antibodies
DescriptionChicken polyclonal to Calreticulin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab2908 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionMolecular calcium-binding chaperone promoting folding, oligomeric assembly and quality control in the ER via the calreticulin/calnexin cycle. This lectin interacts transiently with almost all of the monoglucosylated glycoproteins that are synthesized in the ER. Interacts with the DNA-binding domain of NR3C1 and mediates its nuclear export.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the calreticulin family.
DomainCan be divided into a N-terminal globular domain, a proline-rich P-domain forming an elongated arm-like structure and a C-terminal acidic domain. The P-domain binds one molecule of calcium with high affinity, whereas the acidic C-domain binds multiple calcium ions with low affinity.
The interaction with glycans occurs through a binding site in the globular lectin domain.
The zinc binding sites are localized to the N-domain.
Associates with PDIA3 through the tip of the extended arm formed by the P-domain.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum lumen. Cytoplasm > cytosol. Secreted > extracellular space > extracellular matrix. Cell surface. Also found in cell surface (T cells), cytosol and extracellular matrix. Associated with the lytic granules in the cytolytic T-lymphocytes.
- Information by UniProt
- Autoantigen RO antibody
- CALR antibody
- CALR protein antibody
All lanes : Anti-Calreticulin antibody (ab2908) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : MCF7
Lane 2 : MDA-MB-231
Lane 3 : HeLa
Lane 4 : K-562
Lane 5 : Jurkat
Lane 6 : A549
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat anti-Chicken IgY (H+L) Secondary Antibody, HRP conjugate at 0.4 µg/ml
Additional bands at: 55 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Western blot of calreticulin on HeLa cell extract using ab2908. Western blot of calreticulin on HeLa cell extract using ab2908.
ab2908 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Ahn J et al. Extrinsic Phagocyte-Dependent STING Signaling Dictates the Immunogenicity of Dying Cells. Cancer Cell 33:862-873.e5 (2018). PubMed: 29706455
- Zhang L et al. The deubiquitinase CYLD is a specific checkpoint of the STING antiviral signaling pathway. PLoS Pathog 14:e1007435 (2018). PubMed: 30388174
- Guan P et al. Cigarette smoke extract promotes proliferation of airway smooth muscle cells through suppressing C/EBP-a expression. Exp Ther Med 13:1408-1414 (2017). PubMed: 28413486
- Conley SM et al. Rom1 converts Y141C-Prph2-associated pattern dystrophy to retinitis pigmentosa. Hum Mol Genet 26:509-518 (2017). PubMed: 28053051