Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR2217Y] to CaMKI
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-CaMKI antibody [EPR2217Y]
See all CaMKI primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR2217Y] to CaMKI
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human CaMKI (N terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- SH-SY5Y lysate, human, mouse and rat brain lysate and human kidney tissue sections.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68234 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/5000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 41 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 41 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionCalcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase that operates in the calcium-triggered CaMKK-CaMK1 signaling cascade and, upon calcium influx, regulates transcription activators activity, cell cycle, hormone production, cell differentiation, actin filament organization and neurite outgrowth. Recognizes the substrate consensus sequence [MVLIF]-x-R-x(2)-[ST]-x(3)-[MVLIF]. Regulates axonal extension and growth cone motility in hippocampal and cerebellar nerve cells. Upon NMDA receptor-mediated Ca(2+) elevation, promotes dendritic growth in hippocampal neurons and is essential in synapses for full long-term potentiation (LTP) and ERK2-dependent translational activation. Downstream of NMDA receptors, promotes the formation of spines and synapses in hippocampal neurons by phosphorylating ARHGEF7/BETAPIX on 'Ser-694', which results in the enhancement of ARHGEF7 activity and activation of RAC1. Promotes neuronal differentiation and neurite outgrowth by activation and phosphorylation of MARK2 on 'Ser-91', 'Ser-92', 'Ser-93' and 'Ser-294'. Promotes nuclear export of HDAC5 and binding to 14-3-3 by phosphorylation of 'Ser-259' and 'Ser-498' in the regulation of muscle cell differentiation. Regulates NUMB-mediated endocytosis by phosphorylation of NUMB on 'Ser-276' and 'Ser-295'. Involved in the regulation of basal and estrogen-stimulated migration of medulloblastoma cells through ARHGEF7/BETAPIX phosphorylation (By similarity). Is required for proper activation of cyclin-D1/CDK4 complex during G1 progression in diploid fibroblasts. Plays a role in K(+) and ANG2-mediated regulation of the aldosterone synthase (CYP11B2) to produce aldosterone in the adrenal cortex. Phosphorylates EIF4G3/eIF4GII. In vitro phosphorylates CREB1, ATF1, CFTR, MYL9 and SYN1/synapsin I.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Expressed in cells of the zona glomerulosa of the adrenal cortex.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CaMK subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
DomainThe autoinhibitory domain overlaps with the calmodulin binding region and interacts in the inactive folded state with the catalytic domain as a pseudosubstrate.
modificationsPhosphorylated by CaMKK1 and CaMKK2 on Thr-177.
Polybiquitinated by the E3 ubiquitin-protein ligase complex SCF(FBXL12), leading to proteasomal degradation.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Predominantly cytoplasmic.
- Information by UniProt
- Calcium / calmodulin dependent protein kinase 1 antibody
- Calcium / calmodulin dependent protein kinase I antibody
- Calcium / calmodulin dependent protein kinase type 1 antibody
All lanes : Anti-CaMKI antibody [EPR2217Y] (ab68234) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : SH-SY5Y lysate
Lane 2 : human brain tissue lysate
Lane 3 : mouse brain tissue lysate
Lane 4 : rat brain tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 41 kDa
Observed band size: 41 kDa
ab68234 at 1/100-1/250 dilution staining CaMKI in human kidney tissue sections.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab68234 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Li M et al. Transient Receptor Potential V Channels Are Essential for Glucose Sensing by Aldolase and AMPK. Cell Metab 30:508-524.e12 (2019). PubMed: 31204282
- Kang X et al. CAMKs support development of acute myeloid leukemia. J Hematol Oncol 11:30 (2018). PubMed: 29482582
- Richter E et al. Induction of Macrophage Function in Human THP-1 Cells Is Associated with Rewiring of MAPK Signaling and Activation of MAP3K7 (TAK1) Protein Kinase. Front Cell Dev Biol 4:21 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27066479
- Yan X et al. CaMKII-Mediated CREB Phosphorylation Is Involved in Ca2+-Induced BDNF mRNA Transcription and Neurite Outgrowth Promoted by Electrical Stimulation. PLoS One 11:e0162784 (2016). WB, ICC/IF ; Rat . PubMed: 27611779
- Kang X et al. The ITIM-containing receptor LAIR1 is essential for acute myeloid leukaemia development. Nat Cell Biol 17:665-77 (2015). WB . PubMed: 25915125
- Elzière L et al. CaMKK-CaMK1a, a new post-traumatic signalling pathway induced in mouse somatosensory neurons. PLoS One 9:e97736 (2014). ICC/IF ; Mouse . PubMed: 24840036
- Harrison BJ et al. IB4-binding sensory neurons in the adult rat express a novel 3' UTR-extended isoform of CaMK4 that is associated with its localization to axons. J Comp Neurol 522:308-36 (2014). WB . PubMed: 23817991
- Jiao X et al. Modulation of neuritogenesis by a protein implicated in X-linked mental retardation. J Neurosci 29:12419-27 (2009). PubMed: 19812318