Key features and details
- Goat polyclonal to CaMKII alpha
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CaMKII alpha antibody
See all CaMKII alpha primary antibodies
DescriptionGoat polyclonal to CaMKII alpha
SpecificityExpected to recognize both reported isoforms of CaMKII (NP_057065.2 and NP_741960.1). This antibody does cross-react with CAMKII beta protein
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Dog
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.30
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.5% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesPurified from goat serum by ammonium sulphate precipitation, followed by antigen affinity chromatography using the immunizing peptide.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab87597 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 3 - 6 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.1 - 0.3 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 55, 65 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa).
1 hour primary incubation is recommended for this product.
FunctionCaM-kinase II (CAMK2) is a prominent kinase in the central nervous system that may function in long-term potentiation and neurotransmitter release. Member of the NMDAR signaling complex in excitatory synapses it may regulate NMDAR-dependent potentiation of the AMPAR and synaptic plasticity.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CaMK subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Cellular localizationCell junction > synapse > presynaptic cell membrane. Cell junction > synapse. Postsynaptic lipid rafts.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha CaMKII antibody
- Calcium calmodulin dependent protein kinase II antibody
- Calcium/calmodulin dependent protein kinase II alpha B subunit antibody
Anti-CaMKII alpha antibody (ab87597) at 0.1 µg/ml + mouse brain lysate at 35 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 55 kDa
Observed band size: 55 kDa
Additional bands at: 65 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab87597 at 3.8 µg/ml staining CaMKII in Human brain cortex. Steamed antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 was performed. Antibody was revealed with AP-staining.
ab87597 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Fraize N et al. Differential changes in hippocampal CaMKII and GluA1 activity after memory training involving different levels of adaptive forgetting. Learn Mem 24:86-94 (2017). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 28096498
- Gan JO et al. Adolescent social isolation enhances the plasmalemmal density of NMDA NR1 subunits in dendritic spines of principal neurons in the basolateral amygdala of adult mice. Neuroscience 258:174-83 (2014). IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . PubMed: 24231734
- Zhong W et al. Serotonin 5-HT3 receptor-mediated vomiting occurs via the activation of Ca2+/CaMKII-dependent ERK1/2 signaling in the least shrew (Cryptotis parva). PLoS One 9:e104718 (2014). IHC-Fr . PubMed: 25121483