Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CaMKII beta
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CaMKII beta antibody
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CaMKII beta
SpecificityThis antibody does cross-react with CAMKII alpha protein
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Mouse CaMKII beta aa 350-450 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab34703 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa).|
FunctionCaM-kinase II (CAMK2) is a prominent kinase in the central nervous system that may function in long-term potentiation and neurotransmitter release. Member of the NMDAR signaling complex in excitatory synapses, it may regulate NMDAR-dependent potentiation of the AMPAR and synaptic plasticity.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed. Expressed in adult and fetal brain. Expression is slightly lower in fetal brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CaMK subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
FormThe multifunctional CaMKII beta, or Ca2+/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II, is a well known effector of calcium- and calmodulin- mediated functions. It is present in many tissues but is most abundant in the brain. CaMKII is composed of four different chains: alpha, beta, gamma, and delta. The different isoforms assemble into homo- or heteromultimeric holoenzymes composed of 8 to 12 subunits.
- Calcium/calmodulin dependent protein kinase (CaM kinase) II beta antibody
- Calcium/calmodulin dependent protein kinase II beta antibody
- Calcium/calmodulin dependent protein kinase IIB antibody
All lanes : Anti-CaMKII beta antibody (ab34703) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Brain Mouse Tissue Lysate
Lane 2 : Brain Rat Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 60 kDa
Observed band size: 60 kDa
ICC/IF image of ab34703 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody ab34703 at 5µg/ml overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was DyLight® 488 goat anti- rabbit (ab96899) IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
ab34703 has been referenced in 27 publications.
- van de Looij Y et al. Nutritional Intervention for Developmental Brain Damage: Effects of Lactoferrin Supplementation in Hypocaloric Induced Intrauterine Growth Restriction Rat Pups. Front Endocrinol (Lausanne) 10:46 (2019). PubMed: 30800096
- Kool MJ et al. CAMK2-dependent signaling in neurons is essential for survival. J Neurosci N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31064859
- Yu W et al. Lens-specific conditional knockout of Msx2 in mice leads to ocular anterior segment dysgenesis via activation of a calcium signaling pathway. Lab Invest N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30683901
- Raina A et al. Neuronal Trans-differentiation by Transcription Factors Ascl1 and Nurr1: Induction of a Dopaminergic Neurotransmitter Phenotype in Cortical GABAergic Neurons. Mol Neurobiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31317490
- Mahajani S et al. Homogenous generation of dopaminergic neurons from multiple hiPSC lines by transient expression of transcription factors. Cell Death Dis 10:898 (2019). PubMed: 31776327