Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR13095] to CaMKII delta
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-CaMKII delta antibody [EPR13095]
See all CaMKII delta primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR13095] to CaMKII delta
SpecificityThe mouse and rat recommendation is based on the WB results. We do not guarantee IHC-P for mouse and rat.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: ICC/IF
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- WB: HEK-293T, HAP1, SW480, A431 and HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035); Mouse heart tissue lysate; Rat spleen tissue lysate. IHC-P: Human thyroid carcinoma, cardiac and skeletal muscle tissues.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 40% Glycerol, 59% PBS, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
KO cell lines
KO cell lysates
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab181052 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/2000. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 56 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
The mouse and rat recommendation is based on the WB results. We do not guarantee IHC-P for mouse and rat.
FunctionCaM-kinase II (CAMK2) is a prominent kinase in the central nervous system that may function in long-term potentiation and neurotransmitter release.
Tissue specificityExpressed in cardiac muscle and skeletal muscle. Isoform Delta 3, isoform Delta 2, isoform Delta 8 and isoform Delta 9 are expressed in cardiac muscle. Isoform Delta 11 is expressed in skeletal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CaMK subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Calcium / calmodulin dependent protein kinase 2 delta antibody
- Calcium / calmodulin dependent protein kinase II delta antibody
- calcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase (CaM kinase) II delta antibody
All lanes : Anti-CaMKII delta antibody [EPR13095] (ab181052) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Wild-type HEK-293T cell lysate
Lane 2 : CAMK2D knockout HEK-293T cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 56 kDa
Observed band size: 50 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Lanes 1- 2: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab181052 observed at 50 kDa. Red - Anti-GAPDH antibody [6C5] - Loading Control (ab8245) observed at 37 kDa.
ab181052 was shown to react with CaM-kinase II in wild-type HEK-293T cells in western blot. Loss of signal was observed when knockout cell line ab267322 (knockout cell lysate ab257376) was used. Wild-type HEK-293T and CAMK2D knockout HEK-293T cell lysates were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab181052 and Anti-GAPDH antibody [6C5] - Loading Control (ab8245) overnight at 4°C at a 1 in 1000 dilution and a 1 in 20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye®800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye®680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1 in 20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of Human thyroid carcinoma tissue sections labeling CaMKII delta with Purified ab181052 at 1:100 dilution (1.82 µg/ml). Heat mediated antigen retrieval was performed using ab93684 (Tris/EDTA buffer, pH 9.0). Tissue was counterstained with Hematoxylin. ImmunoHistoProbe one step HRP Polymer (ready to use) secondary antibody was used at 1:0 dilution. PBS instead of the primary antibody was used as the negative control.
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: CaMKII delta knockout HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 3: HeLa cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 4: A431 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab181052 observed at 56 kDa. Red - loading control, ab8245, observed at 37 kDa.
Unpurified ab181052 was shown to recognize CaMKII delta when CaMKII delta knockout samples were used, along with additional cross-reactive bands. Wild-type and CaMKII delta knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab181052 and ab8245 (loading control to GAPDH) were diluted 1/1000 and 1/10000 respectively and incubated overnight at 4°C. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed (ab216773) and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed (ab216776) secondary antibodies at 1/10000 dilution for 1 h at room temperature before imaging.
Lane 1 : Anti-CaMKII delta antibody [EPR13095] (ab181052) at 1/1000 dilution
Lanes 2-4 : Anti-CaMKII delta antibody [EPR13095] (ab181052) at 1/1000 dilution (purified)
Lane 1 : HeLa ( Human cervix adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysates at 15 µg
Lane 2 : SW480 (Human colorectal adenocarcinoma epithelial cell) whole cell lysates at 20 µg
Lane 3 : Mouse heart lysates at 20 µg
Lane 4 : Rat spleen lysates at 20 µg
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 56 kDa
Blocking and diluting buffer : 5% NFDM/TBST
All lanes : Anti-CaMKII delta antibody [EPR13095] (ab181052) at 1/2000 dilution (unpurified)
Lane 1 : SW480 whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : A431 whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG, (H+L), Peroxidase conjugated at 1/1000 dilution
Predicted band size: 56 kDa
Blocking/ Dilution buffer: 5% NFDM /TBST.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of Human cardiac muscle tissue sections labeling CaMKII delta with Purified ab181052 at 1:100 dilution (1.82 µg/ml). Heat mediated antigen retrieval was performed using ab93684 (Tris/EDTA buffer, pH 9.0). Tissue was counterstained with Hematoxylin. ImmunoHistoProbe one step HRP Polymer (ready to use) secondary antibody was used at 1:0 dilution. PBS instead of the primary antibody was used as the negative control.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded Human skeletal muscle tissue sections labeling CaMKII delta using unpurified ab181052 at a 1/100 dilution. A ready to use HRP Polymer for Rabbit IgG was used as the secondary. Hematoxylin counterstain. Heat mediated antigen retrieval was performed citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab181052 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Yang X et al. Enhanced cardiomyocyte reactive oxygen species signaling promotes ibrutinib-induced atrial fibrillation. Redox Biol 30:101432 (2020). PubMed: 31986467
- Qiu Y et al. MicroRNA-20b Promotes Cardiac Hypertrophy by the Inhibition of Mitofusin 2-Mediated Inter-organelle Ca2+ Cross-Talk. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 19:1343-1356 (2020). PubMed: 32160705
- Zhang Y et al. Chi-miR-30b-5p inhibits dermal papilla cells proliferation by targeting CaMKIId gene in cashmere goat. BMC Genomics 21:430 (2020). PubMed: 32586272
- Huang T et al. Targeting the Ca2+/Calmodulin-dependent protein kinase II by Tetrandrine in human liver cancer cells. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 508:1227-1232 (2019). PubMed: 30554655
- Shi C et al. Leukocyte integrin signaling regulates FOXP1 gene expression via FOXP1-IT1 long non-coding RNA-mediated IRAK1 pathway. Biochim Biophys Acta Gene Regul Mech 1862:493-508 (2019). PubMed: 30831269
- Sikorski K et al. A high-throughput pipeline for validation of antibodies. Nat Methods 15:909-912 (2018). PubMed: 30377371
- Gil CH et al. Aripiprazole exerts a neuroprotective effect in mouse focal cerebral ischemia. Exp Ther Med 15:745-750 (2018). PubMed: 29399080
- Wu Y et al. Cardiac Protection of Valsartan on Juvenile Rats with Heart Failure by Inhibiting Activity of CaMKII via Attenuating Phosphorylation. Biomed Res Int 2017:4150158 (2017). PubMed: 28536695
- Liu L et al. The H19 long noncoding RNA is a novel negative regulator of cardiomyocyte hypertrophy. Cardiovasc Res 111:56-65 (2016). PubMed: 27084844