Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CAMKIV (phospho T196 + T200)
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CAMKIV (phospho T196 + T200) antibody
See all CAMKIV primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CAMKIV (phospho T196 + T200)
SpecificityDetects endogenous levels of CaMKIV only when phosphorylated at threonine 196 and 200
Tested Applications & Species
Application Species IHC-PHuman
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human CAMKIV (internal sequence). Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human CAMKIV around the phosphorylation site of threonine 196/200 (M-K-TP-V-C).
Database link: Q16566
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59424 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Tested applications are guaranteed to work and covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Predicted to work for this combination of applications and species but not guaranteed.
Does not work for this combination of applications and species.
1/50 - 1/100.
1/50 - 1/100.
FunctionCalcium/calmodulin-dependent protein kinase belonging to a proposed calcium-triggered signaling cascade. May be involved in transcriptional regulation. May be involved in regulation of microtubule dynamics. In vitro, phosphorylates CREB1, CREBBP, PRM2, MEF2A, MEF2D and STMN1/OP18. May be involved in spermatogenesis. May play a role in the consolidation/retention of hippocampus-dependent long-term memory.
Tissue specificityExpressed in epithelial ovarian cancer tissue.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CAMK Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CaMK subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
modificationsAutophosphorylated and phosphorylated by CAMKK1 and CAMKK2 (By similarity). Dephosphorylated by serine/threonine protein phosphatase 2A, probably on Thr-200.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Nucleus. Substantial localization in certain neuronal nuclei. In spermatids associated with chromatin and nuclear matrix.
- Information by UniProt
- Brain Ca(2+) calmodulin dependent protein kinase type 4 antibody
- Brain Ca(2+) calmodulin dependent protein kinase type IV antibody
- Brain Ca++-calmodulin dependent protein kinase type IV antibody
ab59424 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Min JW et al. Inhibition of Calcium/Calmodulin-Dependent Protein Kinase Kinase ß Is Detrimental in Hypoxia?Ischemia Neonatal Brain Injury. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31027360
- Zhang XZ et al. Mechanism of AMPK-mediated apoptosis of rat gastric smooth muscle cells under high glucose condition. Biosci Rep 39:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31769476
- Kotla S et al. Heterodimers of the transcriptional factors NFATc3 and FosB mediate tissue factor expression for 15(S)-hydroxyeicosatetraenoic acid-induced monocyte trafficking. J Biol Chem 292:14885-14901 (2017). PubMed: 28724635
- Moriguchi S et al. Stimulation of the sigma-1 receptor by DHEA enhances synaptic efficacy and neurogenesis in the hippocampal dentate gyrus of olfactory bulbectomized mice. PLoS One 8:e60863 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23593332
- Oury F et al. CREB mediates brain serotonin regulation of bone mass through its expression in ventromedial hypothalamic neurons. Genes Dev 24:2330-42 (2010). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 20952540