Key features and details
- Sample type: Cell culture media, Cell Lysate, Saliva, Serum, Tissue Extracts
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Assay type: Competitive
- Reacts with: Mammals
Product namecAMP Assay Kit (Competitive ELISA)
See all cAMP kits
Sample typeSaliva, Serum, Tissue Extracts, Cell Lysate, Cell culture media
Assay time3h 00m
Assay durationMultiple steps standard assay
Species reactivityReacts with: Mammals, Other species
cAMP ELISA Kit ab133051 uses a sensitive colorimetric competitive ELISA method to quantify cAMP (cyclic AMP) levels in samples from mammals and other species. It has a maximum sensitivity of 0.039 pmol/mL / 0.039 nM. It is not suitable for use with samples from rabbits.
The cAMP ELISA uses a 96-well plate supplied coated with a goat anti-rabbit IgG antibody. The anti-rabbit antibody binds an anti-cAMP antibody which is added to the plate.
Alkaline phosphatase (AP)-labeled cAMP, and free cAMP within a sample, are then added to each well of the plate. The cAMP ELISA is based on the competition between the AP-labeled cAMP and the free cAMP for the fixed number of cAMP antibody binding sites on the plate.
The more free cAMP is present, the less AP-labeled cAMP is bound. After a washing step, the amount of bound AP-labeled cAMP is detected using the colorimetric AP substrate pNpp measured by absorbance at OD 405 nm. The level of signal is compared to a standard curve for free cAMP, which is run at the same time as the samples.
This kit uses an optional acetylation step to achieve the maximum sensitivity of 0.039 nM, without the acetylation step the sensitivity is 0.3 pmol/mL / 0.3 nM.
This kit was previously called Cyclic AMP Complete ELISA Kit.
If you are using fluorometric detection, we recommend cAMP Assay Kit (Fluorometric) (ab138880).
Compound Cross Reactivity cAMP 100% AMP <0.33% ATP <0.12% cGMP <0.001% GMP <0.001% GTP <0.001% cUMP <0.001% CTP <0.001%
Storage instructionsPlease refer to protocols.
Components 1 x 96 tests 0.1M HCl 1 x 27ml 20X Wash Buffer Concentrate 1 x 27ml Acetylation kit - Acetic Anhydride 1 x 1ml Acetylation kit - Triethylamine 1 x 2ml Assay Buffer 2 1 x 27ml Cyclic AMP Alkaline Phosphatase Conjugate 1 x 5ml Cyclic AMP Complete Antibody 1 x 5ml Cyclic AMP Complete Standard 1 x 500µl Goat anti-rabbit IgG Microplate (12 x 8 wells) 1 unit Neutralizing Reagent 1 x 5ml Plate Sealer 1 unit pNpp Substrate 1 x 20ml Stop Solution 1 x 5ml
Relevancedblinks not applicable
- 3'-5'-cyclic adenosine monophosphate
- Cyclic adenosine monophosphate
- cyclic AMP
ab133051 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Lari E et al. Oil sands process-affected water impairs the olfactory system of rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss). Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 170:62-67 (2019). PubMed: 30529621
- Zamarbide M et al. Male-Specific cAMP Signaling in the Hippocampus Controls Spatial Memory Deficits in a Mouse Model of Autism and Intellectual Disability. Biol Psychiatry 85:760-768 (2019). PubMed: 30732858
- Tian L et al. Biliary Atresia Relevant Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cells Recapitulate Key Disease Features in a Dish. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 68:56-63 (2019). PubMed: 30358741
- Li M et al. Identification of a Genomic Region between SLC29A1 and HSP90AB1 Associated with Risk of Bevacizumab-Induced Hypertension: CALGB 80405 (Alliance). Clin Cancer Res 24:4734-4744 (2018). PubMed: 29871907
- Zhong H et al. Activity of Sanguinarine against Candida albicans Biofilms. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 61:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28223387