Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Candida albicans
- Suitable for: ELISA, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Candida albicans antibody
See all Candida albicans primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Candida albicans
Specificityab53891 has not been absorbed and cross reacts with other yeasts. It reacts with numerous proteins in a soluble C. albicans extract in immunoelectrophoresis.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Candida albicans
Candida albicans, type A
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53891 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
ab171870 - Rabbit polyclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
RelevanceCandida albicans is the most frequently isolated fungal pathogen of humans, affecting immunocompromised patients ranging from premature infants to AIDS sufferers. Systemic infections have an attributed mortality of 30-50%. C. albicans is a diploid organism which has eight sets of homologous chromosomes. It has a genome of approximately 16 Mb (haploid), about 30% greater than S. cerevisiae (baker’s yeast).
- C albicans antibody
- Thrush antibody
ab53891 staining Candida albicans (sc5314) by Flow Cytometry. The sample was incubated with the primary antibody (1/500 in DPBS/3% fetal calf serum/10% goat serum) for 1 hour at 4°C. An Allophycocyanin-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (1/1000) was used as the secondary antibody.
Gating Strategy: FSC/SSC - histogram of single stained population.
ab53891 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Singer AJ et al. Development of a contaminated ischemic porcine wound model and the evaluation of bromelain based enzymatic debridement. Burns 44:896-904 (2018). IHC . PubMed: 29661553
- Kwasny D et al. Direct Detection of Candida albicans with a Membrane Based Electrochemical Impedance Spectroscopy Sensor. Sensors (Basel) 18:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29996525
- O'Meara TR et al. High-Throughput Screening Identifies Genes Required for Candida albicans Induction of Macrophage Pyroptosis. MBio 9:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30131363
- Flores-Mireles AL et al. Fibrinogen Release and Deposition on Urinary Catheters Placed during Urological Procedures. J Urol 196:416-421 (2016). PubMed: 26827873
- Navarathna DH et al. CD47 Promotes Protective Innate and Adaptive Immunity in a Mouse Model of Disseminated Candidiasis. PLoS One 10:e0128220 (2015). PubMed: 26010544