Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cannabinoid Receptor II
- Suitable for: IP, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Hamster, Human, Non human primates
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cannabinoid Receptor II antibody
See all Cannabinoid Receptor II primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cannabinoid Receptor II
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, IHC-Fr, Flow Cyt, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Hamster, Human, Non human primates
Fusion protein corresponding to Human Cannabinoid Receptor II aa 1-33 (N terminal).
- Human spinal cord lysate IF/ICC: SKNSH cell line.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.1% BSA, 49% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Primary antibody notesCannabinoids exert their well known physiological effects through two G protein coupled receptors, cannabinoid receptor 1 (CB1) and CB2. Both cannabinoid receptors have been shown to inhibit adenylyl cyclase as well as stimulate the mitogen-activated protein kinase, MAPK. CB1 receptors also modulate ion channels through direct G-protein interactions. Delta 9-tetrahydrocannibinol and related ligands likely exert their psychoactive effects by inhibiting presynaptic N- and P / Q type calcium channels. CB2 is thought to function primarily in the immune system although it has been suggested to be present in the central nervous system, including the retina.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab3560 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 22387618|
ab171870 - Rabbit polyclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|WB||1/250 - 1/2500. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 60 kDa).|
FunctionHeterotrimeric G protein-coupled receptor for endocannabinoid 2-arachidonoylglycerol mediating inhibition of adenylate cyclase. May function in inflammatory response, nociceptive transmission and bone homeostasis.
Tissue specificityPreferentially expressed in cells of the immune system with higher expression in B cells and NK cells (at protein level). Expressed in skin in suprabasal layers and hair follicles (at protein level). Highly expressed in tonsil and to a lower extent in spleen, peripheral blood mononuclear cells, and thymus. PubMed:14657172 could not detect expression in normal brain. Expressed in brain by perivascular microglial cells and dorsal root glanglion sensory neurons (at protein level).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the G-protein coupled receptor 1 family.
modificationsConstitutively phosphorylated on Ser-352; phosphorylation increases cell internalization and desensitizes the receptor.
Cellular localizationCell membrane. Cell projection > dendrite. Perikaryon. Localizes to apical dendrite of pyramidal neurons.
- Information by UniProt
- Cannabinoid receptor 2 antibody
- Cannabinoid receptor 2 macrophage antibody
- CB 2 antibody
ab3560 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Shi J et al. AM1241 alleviates MPTP-induced Parkinson's disease and promotes the regeneration of DA neurons in PD mice. Oncotarget 8:67837-67850 (2017). IHC-P . PubMed: 28978077
- Seleverstov O et al. Maternal alcohol exposure during mid-pregnancy dilates fetal cerebral arteries via endocannabinoid receptors. Alcohol 61:51-61 (2017). PubMed: 28554529
- Kleyer J et al. Cannabinoid receptor trafficking in peripheral cells is dynamically regulated by a binary biochemical switch. Biochem Pharmacol 83:1393-412 (2012). Flow Cyt, IP ; Human . PubMed: 22387618