Key features and details
- TRPV1 antagonist
- CAS Number: 138977-28-3
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in DMSO to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameCapsazepine, TRPV1 antagonist
TRPV1 vanilloid receptor antagonist (IC50 = 562 nM). Analgesic in vivo.
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120025 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Adinolfi B et al. Anticancer activity of anandamide in human cutaneous melanoma cells. Eur J Pharmacol 718:154-9 (2013). PubMed: 24041928
- Yan J et al. Dural afferents express acid-sensing ion channels: a role for decreased meningeal pH in migraine headache. Pain 152:106-13 (2011). PubMed: 20971560
- Ryskamp DA et al. The polymodal ion channel transient receptor potential vanilloid 4 modulates calcium flux, spiking rate, and apoptosis of mouse retinal ganglion cells. J Neurosci 31:7089-101 (2011). PubMed: 21562271
- Landucci E et al. CB1 receptors and post-ischemic brain damage: studies on the toxic and neuroprotective effects of cannabinoids in rat organotypic hippocampal slices. Neuropharmacology 60:674-82 (2011). PubMed: 21130785
- De Schepper HU et al. TRPV1 receptor signaling mediates afferent nerve sensitization during colitis-induced motility disorders in rats. Am J Physiol Gastrointest Liver Physiol 294:G245-53 (2008). PubMed: 17991707
- de Man JG et al. Functional study on TRPV1-mediated signalling in the mouse small intestine: involvement of tachykinin receptors. Neurogastroenterol Motil 20:546-56 (2008). PubMed: 18194153
- Cahusac PM & Noyce R A pharmacological study of slowly adapting mechanoreceptors responsive to cold thermal stimulation. Neuroscience 148:489-500 (2007). PubMed: 17683869