Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Carbonic Anhydrase 9/CA9
- Suitable for: IHC-P, Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Carbonic Anhydrase 9/CA9 antibody
See all Carbonic Anhydrase 9/CA9 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Carbonic Anhydrase 9/CA9
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
- IHC-Fr: Human colorectal tumor tissue. IHC-P: Canine gastric mucosa tissue. WB: Ramos (human Burkitt's lymphoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate and A549 (human lung adenocarcinoma epithelial cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15086 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/1000 - 1/2000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol. Citrate Buffer (pH 6.0)|
|Flow Cyt||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 25269858
ab171870 - Rabbit polyclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 20515941Slides were fixed in acetone for 20 minutes.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 49.7 kDa).Can be blocked with Recombinant Human RND1 protein (ab109840).|
FunctionReversible hydration of carbon dioxide. Participates in pH regulation. May be involved in the control of cell proliferation and transformation. Appears to be a novel specific biomarker for a cervical neoplasia.
Tissue specificityExpressed primarily in carcinoma cells lines. Expression is restricted to very few normal tissues and the most abundant expression is found in the epithelial cells of gastric mucosa.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the alpha-carbonic anhydrase family.
Contains 1 alpha-carbonic anhydrase domain.
modificationsAsn-346 bears high-mannose type glycan structures.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Nucleus, nucleolus. Cell membrane. Cell projection, microvillus membrane. Found on the surface microvilli and in the nucleus, particularly in nucleolus.
- Information by UniProt
- CA-IX antibody
- CA9 antibody
- CAH9_HUMAN antibody
Formaldehyde fixed, PBS/ 0.3% Triton X-100 permeabilized frozen human colorectal tumor tissue stained for Carbonic Anhydrase 9/CA9 using ab15086 (green) at a 1/1000 dilution. 5% serum used for blocking for 1 hour at RT. Primary incubation time 3 hours at RT in PBS/ 0.3% Triton X-100/ 1% BSA. Secondary: Goat polyclonal conjugated to AlexaFluor® 488 used at a 1/2000 dilution.
All lanes : Anti-Carbonic Anhydrase 9/CA9 antibody (ab15086) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Ramos (Human Burkitt's lymphoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : A549 (Human lung adenocarcinoma epithelial cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Predicted band size: 49.7 kDa
Observed band size: 55 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab15086 at 1/500 staining dog gastric mucosa tissue sections by IHC-P. The tissue was formaldehyde fixed and a standard citrate buffer was used for anitgen retrieval. The tissue was blocked with 10% serum prior to incubation with the antibody for 15 hours. A biotinylated donkey anti-rabbit IgG (H + L) was used as the secondary.
ab15086 has been referenced in 94 publications.
- Simeone K et al. Paraffin-embedding lithography and micro-dissected tissue micro-arrays: tools for biological and pharmacological analysis of ex vivo solid tumors. Lab Chip 19:693-705 (2019). PubMed: 30671574
- Ohtaki Y et al. Carbonic anhydrase 9 expression is associated with poor prognosis, tumor proliferation, and radiosensitivity of thymic carcinomas. Oncotarget 10:1306-1319 (2019). PubMed: 30863491
- Bi C et al. High Beclin-1 and ARID1A expression corelates with poor survival and high recurrence in intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma: a histopathological retrospective study. BMC Cancer 19:213 (2019). PubMed: 30849962
- Gray ME et al. Biocompatibility of common implantable sensor materials in a tumor xenograft model. J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater 107:1620-1633 (2019). PubMed: 30367816
- Liu C et al. PADI4 stimulates esophageal squamous cell carcinoma tumor growth and up-regulates CA9 expression. Mol Carcinog 58:66-75 (2019). PubMed: 30242913