Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [CML26] to Carboxymethyl Lysine
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF, ELISA, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Species independent
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Carboxymethyl Lysine antibody [CML26]
See all Carboxymethyl Lysine primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [CML26] to Carboxymethyl Lysine
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, IHC-Fr, ICC/IF, ELISA, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Species independent
Carboxymethyl Lysine conjugated to KLH.
- Human cardiac tissue (intramyocardial arteries).
General notesOther isotypes maybe present.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 99% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Energy Metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab125145 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-P||1/50. Fix with 4% formalin.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Fix with 2% phosphate-buffered glutaraldehyde solution.|
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Flow Cyt||Use 0.1µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
RelevanceN epsilon carboxymethyl lysine (CML or Carboxymethyl Lysine) is formed by the non enzymatic Schiff base reaction of glucose with proteins, followed by an Amadori rearrangement and oxidation that leaves only a carboxymethyl group attached to the lysine. The levels of CML adducts accumulate over time and have been used as an indicator of both serum glucose levels and oxidative protein damage. Elevated serum CML modified proteins have been associated with diabetes and may contribute to diabetic retinopathy, nephropathy and angiopathy.
- CML antibody
- N Epsilon (Carboxymethyl) Lysine antibody
Overlay histogram showing HepG2 cells stained with ab125145 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab125145, 0.1μg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H&L) (ab150113) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter. This antibody gave a positive signal in HepG2 cells fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
ab125145 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Rosenstock P et al. Glycation interferes with natural killer cell function. Mech Ageing Dev 178:64-71 (2019). PubMed: 30659859
- Dubey NK et al. Adipose-derived Stem Cells Attenuates Diabetic Osteoarthritis via Inhibition of Glycation-mediated Inflammatory Cascade. Aging Dis 10:483-496 (2019). PubMed: 31164994
- Nevin C et al. Investigating the Glycating Effects of Glucose, Glyoxal and Methylglyoxal on Human Sperm. Sci Rep 8:9002 (2018). PubMed: 29899461
- Frescas D et al. Senescent cells expose and secrete an oxidized form of membrane-bound vimentin as revealed by a natural polyreactive antibody. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 114:E1668-E1677 (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 28193858
- Lo MC et al. Ne-(carboxymethyl) lysine-induced mitochondrial fission and mitophagy cause decreased insulin secretion from ß-cells. Am J Physiol Endocrinol Metab 309:E829-39 (2015). PubMed: 26394662