Product nameAnti-Carboxypeptidase H antibody
See all Carboxypeptidase H primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Carboxypeptidase H
SpecificityAb11053 recognises carboxypeptidase H.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC, IHC-Fr, IP, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Cow, Human, Monkey
- Secretory granules of the pancreatic islets, adrenal gland and pituitary gland.
General notesStorage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. Should this product contain a precipitate we recommend microcentrifugation before use.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituent: Whole serum
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11053 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
IHC-Fr: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Methanol fixation for this purpose is recommended.
IP: Use at an assay dependent dilution. Pre-treatment with 0.1% w/v SDS and 1% v/v TritonX 100 required.
WB: 1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 53.2 kDa.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionRemoves residual C-terminal Arg or Lys remaining after initial endoprotease cleavage during prohormone processing. Processes proinsulin.
Tissue specificityIsoform 2, but not isoform 1, is overexpressed in hepatocellular carcinoma (at protein level), as well as in other tumors, including pheochromocytomas and paragangliomas.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase M14 family.
Cellular localizationNucleus and Secreted. Secretory granules of pancreatic islets, adrenal gland, pituitary and brain.
- Information by UniProt
- Carboxypeptidase E antibody
- Carboxypeptidase H antibody
- Carboxypeptidase H precursor antibody
This product has been referenced in:
- Parkinson D Carboxypeptidase H in bovine pituitary gland: soluble forms are not processed at the C-terminus. Mol Cell Endocrinol 86:221-33 (1992). Read more (PubMed: 1511790) »
- Fiedorek FT & Parkinson D Carboxypeptidase H processing and secretion in rat clonal beta-cell lines. Endocrinology 131:1054-62 (1992). Read more (PubMed: 1505450) »