Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPCEAR7] to Carcino Embryonic Antigen CEA
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Carcino Embryonic Antigen CEA antibody [EPCEAR7]
See all Carcino Embryonic Antigen CEA primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPCEAR7] to Carcino Embryonic Antigen CEA
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-P, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native protein (purified) corresponding to Human Carcino Embryonic Antigen CEA.
- Human colon cancer lysate, Human colon carcinoma tissue, MCF-7 and human gastric carcinoma.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab133633 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 180-200 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 76 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/3000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
For unpurified use at 1/250 - 1/500.
|ICC/IF||1/50 - 1/500.|
FunctionCell surface glycoprotein that plays a role in cell adhesion and in intracellular signaling. Receptor for E.coli Dr adhesins.
Tissue specificityFound in adenocarcinomas of endodermally derived digestive system epithelium and fetal colon.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the immunoglobulin superfamily. CEA family.
Contains 7 Ig-like (immunoglobulin-like) domains.
modificationsComplex immunoreactive glycoprotein with a MW of 180 kDa comprising 60% carbohydrate.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- Carcinoembryonic antigen antibody
- Carcinoembryonic antigen-related cell adhesion molecule 5 antibody
- CD66e antibody
Anti-Carcino Embryonic Antigen CEA antibody [EPCEAR7] (ab133633) at 1/1000 dilution + Human colon cancer lysate at 10 µg
Goat anti-rabbit HRP conjugated antibody at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 76 kDa
Observed band size: 180-200 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Confocal image showing membranous staining in MCF7 cell line.
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of MCF7 (human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) cells labelling carcino embryonic antigen (CEA) with ab133633 at 1/500. Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde and permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100. An Alexa Fluor® 488-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG (ab150077) at 1/10000 dilution was used as the secondary antibody. The cells were counterstained with ab195889, a anti-alpha tubulin antibody at 1/200 dilution. DAPI was used as a nuclear counterstain.
Secondary antibody only control: Used PBS instead of primary antibody, followed by Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (Alexa Fluor® 488) (ab150077) secondary antibody at 1/1000 dilution.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of Human colon tissue sections labeling Carcino Embryonic Antigen CEA with Purified ab133633 at 1:3000 dilution (0.6 μg/ml). Heat mediated antigen retrieval was performed using Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval using EDTA Buffer, PH9. Tissue was counterstained with Hematoxylin. ImmunoHistoProbe one step HRP Polymer (ready to use) secondary antibody was used at 1:0 dilution. PBS instead of the primary antibody was used as the negative control.
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of Human gastric carcinoma tissue sections labeling Carcino Embryonic Antigen CEA with Purified ab133633 at 1:3000 dilution (0.6 μg/ml). Heat mediated antigen retrieval was performed using Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval using EDTA Buffer, PH9. Tissue was counterstained with Hematoxylin. ImmunoHistoProbe one step HRP Polymer (ready to use) secondary antibody was used at 1:0 dilution. PBS instead of the primary antibody was used as the negative control.
ab133633 showing positive staining in Normal colon tissue.
Immunohistochemical analysis of paraffin embedded Human colon carcinoma tissue labelling Carcino Embryonic Antigen CEA with ab133633 at 1/250.
Anti-Carcino Embryonic Antigen CEA antibody [EPCEAR7] (ab133633) at 0.4 µg/ml (Purified) + Human colon cancer lysate at 20 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 76 kDa
Blocking and diluting buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST
ab133633 showing positive staining in Stomach adenocarcinoma tissue.
ab133633 showing negative staining in Skeletal muscle tissue.
ab133633 showing negative staining in Normal tonsil tissue.
ab133633 showing negative staining in Thyroid gland carcinoma tissue.
ab133633 showing negative staining in Hepatocellular carcinoma tissue.
ab133633 showing negative staining in Glioma tissue.
ab133633 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Miyamoto Y et al. Epidermal growth factor receptor-targeted molecular imaging of colorectal tumors: Detection and treatment evaluation of tumors in animal models. Cancer Sci 110:1921-1930 (2019). PubMed: 30973663
- Cheng M et al. Comprehensive analysis of marker gene detection and computed tomography for the diagnosis of human lung cancer. Oncol Lett 16:4400-4406 (2018). PubMed: 30250539
- Ramos-Gomes F et al. Single- and two-photon imaging of human micrometastases and disseminated tumour cells with conjugates of nanobodies and quantum dots. Sci Rep 8:4595 (2018). WB . PubMed: 29545609
- Gao J et al. Contrast-enhanced magnetic resonance imaging with a novel nano-size contrast agent for the clinical diagnosis of patients with lung cancer. Exp Ther Med 15:5415-5421 (2018). PubMed: 29904421
- Tian HW et al. Multiple pulmonary metastases with halo-sign from malignant mixed Müllerian tumors. Oncol Lett 14:6645-6649 (2017). PubMed: 29151911
- Lugini L et al. Exosomes from human colorectal cancer induce a tumor-like behavior in colonic mesenchymal stromal cells. Oncotarget 7:50086-50098 (2016). PubMed: 27418137
- Xin H et al. Establishment and characterization of 7 novel hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines from patient-derived tumor xenografts. PLoS One 9:e85308 (2014). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 24416385