Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EPR3695] to Cardiac Troponin T
- Suitable for: WB, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Cardiac Troponin T antibody [EPR3695]
See all Cardiac Troponin T primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EPR3695] to Cardiac Troponin T
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt or ICC
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Cardiac Troponin T aa 50-150. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: Human cardiac tissue lysate. IHC-P: Human cardiac muscle tissue.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab91605 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/100000 - 1/500000. Predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
The use of an HRP/AP polymerized secondary antibody is recommended as stronger signals have been found using these. IHC-P validated in Human samples only.
FunctionTroponin T is the tropomyosin-binding subunit of troponin, the thin filament regulatory complex which confers calcium-sensitivity to striated muscle actomyosin ATPase activity.
Tissue specificityHeart. The fetal heart shows a greater expression in the atrium than in the ventricle, while the adult heart shows a greater expression in the ventricle than in the atrium. Isoform 6 predominates in normal adult heart. Isoforms 1, 7 and 8 are expressed in fetal heart. Isoform 7 is also expressed in failing adult heart.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in TNNT2 are the cause of cardiomyopathy familial hypertrophic type 2 (CMH2) [MIM:115195]. Familial hypertrophic cardiomyopathy is a hereditary heart disorder characterized by ventricular hypertrophy, which is usually asymmetric and often involves the interventricular septum. The symptoms include dyspnea, syncope, collapse, palpitations, and chest pain. They can be readily provoked by exercise. The disorder has inter- and intrafamilial variability ranging from benign to malignant forms with high risk of cardiac failure and sudden cardiac death.
Defects in TNNT2 are the cause of cardiomyopathy dilated type 1D (CMD1D) [MIM:601494]. Dilated cardiomyopathy is a disorder characterized by ventricular dilation and impaired systolic function, resulting in congestive heart failure and arrhythmia. Patients are at risk of premature death.
Defects in TNNT2 are the cause of cardiomyopathy familial restrictive type 3 (RCM3) [MIM:612422]. Restrictive cardiomyopathy is a heart disorder characterized by impaired filling of the ventricles with reduced diastolic volume, in the presence of normal or near normal wall thickness and systolic function.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the troponin T family.
- Information by UniProt
- Cardiac muscle troponin T antibody
- Cardiomyopathy dilated 1D (autosomal dominant) antibody
- Cardiomyopathy hypertrophic 2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Cardiac Troponin T antibody [EPR3695] (ab91605) at 1/50000 dilution
Lane 1 : Human heart tissue lysate
Lane 2 : Human skeletal muscle tissue lysate
Lane 3 : 293T whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 36 kDa
Observed band size: 39 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 1 second
Blocking and dilution buffer: 5% NFDM/TBST.
ab91605 at 1/100 dilution, staining Cardiac Troponin T in paraffin embedded Human cardiac muscle tissue
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab91605 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Jing L et al. TNNT2 as a potential biomarker for the progression and prognosis of colorectal cancer. Oncol Rep 44:628-636 (2020). PubMed: 32627044
- Zhu W et al. CCND2 Overexpression Enhances the Regenerative Potency of Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Cardiomyocytes: Remuscularization of Injured Ventricle. Circ Res 122:88-96 (2018). PubMed: 29018036
- Chen X et al. Protective Role of Coxsackie-Adenovirus Receptor in the Pathogenesis of Inflammatory Bowel Diseases. Biomed Res Int 2018:7207268 (2018). PubMed: 30175139
- Rogers AJ et al. Hemodynamic Stimulation Using the Biomimetic Cardiac Tissue Model (BCTM) Enhances Maturation of Human Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell-Derived Cardiomyocytes. Cells Tissues Organs 206:82-94 (2018). PubMed: 30840966
- Mattapally S et al. Spheroids of cardiomyocytes derived from human-induced pluripotent stem cells improve recovery from myocardial injury in mice. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 315:H327-H339 (2018). PubMed: 29631371
- Zhang L et al. Derivation and high engraftment of patient-specific cardiomyocyte sheet using induced pluripotent stem cells generated from adult cardiac fibroblast. Circ Heart Fail 8:156-66 (2015). Human . PubMed: 25420485
- Moyes KW et al. Human Embryonic Stem Cell-Derived Cardiomyocytes Migrate in Response to Gradients of Fibronectin and Wnt5a. Stem Cells Dev N/A:N/A (2013). PubMed: 23517131
- Lundy SD et al. Structural and functional maturation of cardiomyocytes derived from human pluripotent stem cells. Stem Cells Dev 22:1991-2002 (2013). Human . PubMed: 23461462