Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CASC5/KNL1
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB, IP
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CASC5/KNL1 antibody
See all CASC5/KNL1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CASC5/KNL1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human CASC5/KNL1.
Database link: NP_733468.2
- Whole cell lysate from HeLa or 293T cells
This product was previously labelled as CASC5
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1.815% Tris, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 0.021% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70537 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/500 - 1/2000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with Tris/EDTA buffer pH 9.0 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately >300 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 265 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
RelevancePart of the MIS12 complex, which may be fundamental for kinetochore formation and proper chromosome segregation during mitosis. Four known isoforms exist.
Cellular localizationAcrosome. Nucleus.
- Protein D40/AF15q14 antibody
- AF15Q14 antibody
- ALL1 fused gene from chromosome 15q14 antibody
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human breast carcinoma tissue labelling CASC5/KNL1 with ab70537 at 1/1000 (1µg/ml). Detection: DAB.
All lanes : Anti-CASC5/KNL1 antibody (ab70537) at 1/5000 dilution
Lane 1 : Whole cell lysate from 293T cells at 50 µg
Lane 2 : Whole cell lysate from 293T cells at 15 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 265 kDa
Observed band size: >300 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 3 minutes
1mg of whole cell lysate from HeLa cells was immunoprecipitated using ab70537 at 3ug/mg of lysate (lane 1) or a control rabbit Ig (lane 2). For the subsequent blot, 20% of the precipitate was loaded per lane, and ab70537 was used at 1ug/ml. Detection: chemiluminescence with exposure time of 3 minutes.
ab70537 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Zhou C et al. The cohesin release factor Wapl interacts with Bub3 to govern SAC activity in female meiosis I. Sci Adv 6:eaax3969 (2020). PubMed: 32284991
- Vallardi G et al. Division of labour between PP2A-B56 isoforms at the centromere and kinetochore. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30829571
- Raab M et al. PLK1 has tumor-suppressive potential in APC-truncated colon cancer cells. Nat Commun 9:1106 (2018). PubMed: 29549256
- Schleicher K et al. The Ndc80 complex targets Bod1 to human mitotic kinetochores. Open Biol 7:N/A (2017). PubMed: 29142109
- Zhou H et al. Cep57 is a Mis12-interacting kinetochore protein involved in kinetochore targeting of Mad1-Mad2. Nat Commun 7:10151 (2016). PubMed: 26743940
- Nijenhuis W et al. Negative feedback at kinetochores underlies a responsive spindle checkpoint signal. Nat Cell Biol 16:1257-64 (2014). PubMed: 25402682
- Nijenhuis W et al. A TPR domain-containing N-terminal module of MPS1 is required for its kinetochore localization by Aurora B. J Cell Biol 201:217-31 (2013). PubMed: 23569217
- Genin A et al. Kinetochore KMN network gene CASC5 mutated in primary microcephaly. Hum Mol Genet : (2012). Human . PubMed: 22983954