Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Casein Kinase 1 gamma 2
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Casein Kinase 1 gamma 2 antibody
See all Casein Kinase 1 gamma 2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Casein Kinase 1 gamma 2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide derived from N-terminus of human Casein Kinase 1 gamma 2.
- HeLa and 293 cell extracts.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64829 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 47 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 47 kDa).|
FunctionSerine/threonine-protein kinase. Casein kinases are operationally defined by their preferential utilization of acidic proteins such as caseins as substrates. It can phosphorylate a large number of proteins. Participates in Wnt signaling (By similarity). Phosphorylates COL4A3BP/CERT, MTA1 and SMAD3. Involved in brain development and vesicular trafficking and neurotransmitter releasing from small synaptic vesicles. Regulates fast synaptic transmission mediated by glutamate. SMAD3 phosphorylation promotes its ligand-dependent ubiquitination and subsequent proteasome degradation, thus inhibiting SMAD3-mediated TGF-beta responses. Hyperphosphorylation of the serine-repeat motif of COL4A3BP/CERT leads to its inactivation by dissociation from the Golgi complex, thus down-regulating ER-to-Golgi transport of ceramide and sphingomyelin synthesis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CK1 Ser/Thr protein kinase family. Casein kinase I subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Casein kinase 1, gamma 2 antibody
- Casein kinase I isoform gamma 2 antibody
- Casein kinase I isoform gamma-2 antibody
Lanes 1-2 : Anti-Casein Kinase 1 gamma 2 antibody (ab102554)
Lanes 3-4 : Anti-Casein Kinase 1 gamma 2 antibody (ab70862)
Lanes 5-6 : Anti-Casein Kinase 1 gamma 2 antibody (ab64829) at 1/500 dilution
Lanes 1 & 3 & 5 : U2OS cells expressing FLAG-tagged CK1G2 plasmid
Lane 2 : U2OS cells expressing FLAG tag only plasmid
Lanes 4 & 6 : U2OS cells expressing FLAG only
Lanes 5-6 : HRP-conjugated Goat anti-rabbit polyclonal at 1/1000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 47 kDa
All lanes : Anti-Casein Kinase 1 gamma 2 antibody (ab64829) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell extract
Lane 2 : 293 cell extract
Lane 3 : 293 cell extract with immunising peptide at 10 µg
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 47 kDa
Observed band size: 47 kDa
Additional bands at: 25 kDa, 34 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab64829 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Shen S et al. Induction of Huh-7 cell apoptosis by HCV core proteins via CK1a-p53-Bid signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep 17:7559-7566 (2018). PubMed: 29620268
- Vinyoles M et al. Activation of CK1? by PP2A/PR61? is required for the initiation of Wnt signaling. Oncogene 36:429-438 (2017). Human . PubMed: 27321178
- Bustos V et al. Phosphorylated Presenilin 1 decreases ß-amyloid by facilitating autophagosome-lysosome fusion. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 114:7148-7153 (2017). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 28533369
- Del Valle-Pérez B et al. Coordinated Action of CK1 Isoforms in Canonical Wnt Signaling. Mol Cell Biol 31:2877-88 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21606194
- Casagolda D et al. A p120-catenin-CK1epsilon complex regulates Wnt signaling. J Cell Sci 123:2621-31 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20940130