Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Caspase-1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Caspase-1 antibody
See all Caspase-1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Caspase-1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Mouse Caspase-1 aa 100-200 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
Database link: P29452
- This antibody gave a positive signal in Mouse Spleen tissue lysate IHC-P: FFPE mouse lung tissue sections.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab138483 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 51 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 45 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionThiol protease that cleaves IL-1 beta between an Asp and an Ala, releasing the mature cytokine which is involved in a variety of inflammatory processes. Important for defense against pathogens. Cleaves and activates sterol regulatory element binding proteins (SREBPs). Can also promote apoptosis.
Tissue specificityExpressed in larger amounts in spleen and lung. Detected in liver, heart, small intestine, colon, thymus, prostate, skeletal muscle, peripheral blood leukocytes, kidney and testis. No expression in the brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C14A family.
Contains 1 CARD domain.
modificationsThe two subunits are derived from the precursor sequence by an autocatalytic mechanism.
- Information by UniProt
- CASP-1 antibody
- CASP1 antibody
- CASP1_HUMAN antibody
Anti-Caspase-1 antibody (ab138483) at 1 µg/ml (Milk blocking 3%) + Spleen (Mouse) Tissue Lysate at 25 µg
Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/10000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 45 kDa
Observed band size: 51 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 74 kDa (possible non-specific binding)
Exposure time: 20 minutes
The predicted molecular weight of Caspase 1 is 45 kDa (SwissProt), however we expect to observe a banding pattern around 50 kDa.
This blot was produced using a 10% Bis-tris gel under the MOPS buffer system. The gel was run at 200V for 50 minutes before being transferred onto a Nitrocellulose membrane at 30V for 70 minutes. The membrane was then blocked for an hour using 5% Bovine Serum Albumin before being incubated with ab138483 overnight at 4°C. Antibody binding was detected using an anti-rabbit antibody conjugated to HRP, and visualised using ECL development solution.
IHC image of Caspase-1 staining in mouse lung formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica Bond system using the standard protocol B. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab138483, 1µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature. A goat anti-rabbit biotinylated secondary antibody was used to detect the primary, and visualized using an HRP conjugated ABC system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab138483 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Iida T et al. Down-regulation of RalGTPase-Activating Protein Promotes Colitis-Associated Cancer via NLRP3 Inflammasome Activation. Cell Mol Gastroenterol Hepatol 9:277-293 (2020). PubMed: 31622786
- Wang J et al. CircHIPK3 Promotes Pyroptosis in Acinar Cells Through Regulation of the miR-193a-5p/GSDMD Axis. Front Med (Lausanne) 7:88 (2020). PubMed: 32318575
- Zhang W et al. Ameliorative effect of selective NLRP3 inflammasome inhibitor MCC950 in an ovalbumin-induced allergic rhinitis murine model. Int Immunopharmacol 83:106394 (2020). PubMed: 32193102
- Zhao Y et al. Myeloid-Derived Suppressor Cells and ?dT17 Cells Contribute to the Development of Gastric MALT Lymphoma in H. felis-Infected Mice. Front Immunol 10:3104 (2019). PubMed: 32063899
- Liu Y & Tie L Apolipoprotein M and sphingosine-1-phosphate complex alleviates TNF-a-induced endothelial cell injury and inflammation through PI3K/AKT signaling pathway. BMC Cardiovasc Disord 19:279 (2019). PubMed: 31791242
- Yang SK et al. Mitochondria-Targeted Peptide SS31 Attenuates Renal Tubulointerstitial Injury via Inhibiting Mitochondrial Fission in Diabetic Mice. Oxid Med Cell Longev 2019:2346580 (2019). PubMed: 31281569
- Gu C et al. Role of the thioredoxin interacting protein in diabetic nephropathy and the mechanism of regulating NOD-like receptor protein 3 inflammatory corpuscle. Int J Mol Med 43:2440-2450 (2019). PubMed: 31017263
- Singla DK et al. Exosome Treatment Enhances Anti-Inflammatory M2 Macrophages and Reduces Inflammation-Induced Pyroptosis in Doxorubicin-Induced Cardiomyopathy. Cells 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31600901