Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Caspase-1
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Caspase-1 antibody
See all Caspase-1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Caspase-1
Specificityab62698 recognizes Caspase-1 subunit p10.
Tested Applications & Species
Application Species IHC-PHuman WBHuman
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Caspase-1.
Database link: P29466
- Human brain tissue.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesab62698 was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific immunogen.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab62698 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Tested applications are guaranteed to work and covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Predicted to work for this combination of applications and species but not guaranteed.
Does not work for this combination of applications and species.
1/500 - 1/1000.
1/50 - 1/100.
1/500 - 1/1000.
1/50 - 1/100.
FunctionThiol protease that cleaves IL-1 beta between an Asp and an Ala, releasing the mature cytokine which is involved in a variety of inflammatory processes. Important for defense against pathogens. Cleaves and activates sterol regulatory element binding proteins (SREBPs). Can also promote apoptosis.
Tissue specificityExpressed in larger amounts in spleen and lung. Detected in liver, heart, small intestine, colon, thymus, prostate, skeletal muscle, peripheral blood leukocytes, kidney and testis. No expression in the brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C14A family.
Contains 1 CARD domain.
modificationsThe two subunits are derived from the precursor sequence by an autocatalytic mechanism.
- Information by UniProt
- CASP-1 antibody
- CASP1 antibody
- CASP1_HUMAN antibody
ab62698 at a 1:50 dilution, staining Caspase-1 in paraffin embedded human brain tissue by Immunohistochemsitry in the absence (left image) or presence (right image) of the immunising peptide.
All lanes : Anti-Caspase-1 antibody (ab62698)
Lane 1 : 293 cell extract
Lane 2 : MCF-7 cell extract
Lane 3 : HeLa cell extract
Lane 4 : 293 cell extract with blocking peptide
Observed band size: 29 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab62698 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Chen H et al. Sinomenine Attenuates Acetaminophen-Induced Acute Liver Injury by Decreasing Oxidative Stress and Inflammatory Response via Regulating TGF-ß/Smad Pathway in vitro and in vivo. Drug Des Devel Ther 14:2393-2403 (2020). PubMed: 32606606
- Huang C et al. TSPYL5 activates endoplasmic reticulum stress to inhibit cell proliferation, migration and invasion in colorectal cancer. Oncol Rep 44:449-456 (2020). PubMed: 32627024
- Ding PH et al. Porphyromonas gingivalis-Induced NLRP3 Inflammasome Activation and Its Downstream Interleukin-1ß Release Depend on Caspase-4. Front Microbiol 11:1881 (2020). PubMed: 32903638
- Ying Y et al. NLRP3 Inflammasome Activation by MicroRNA-495 Promoter Methylation May Contribute to the Progression of Acute Lung Injury. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 18:801-814 (2019). PubMed: 31734560
- Gao Q & Zhu H The Overexpression of Sirtuin1 (SIRT1) Alleviated Lipopolysaccharide (LPS)-Induced Acute Kidney Injury (AKI) via Inhibiting the Activation of Nucleotide-Binding Oligomerization Domain-Like Receptors (NLR) Family Pyrin Domain Containing 3 (NLRP3) Inflammasome. Med Sci Monit 25:2718-2726 (2019). PubMed: 30980521
- Zheng B et al. Administration of Dexmedetomidine inhibited NLRP3 inflammasome and microglial cell activities in hippocampus of traumatic brain injury rats. Biosci Rep 38:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30232232
- Li YH et al. In vivo effects of the NLRP1/NLRP3 inflammasome pathway on latent respiratory virus infection. Int J Mol Med 41:3620-3628 (2018). PubMed: 29512688
- Li J et al. LncRNA GAS5 suppresses ovarian cancer by inducing inflammasome formation. Biosci Rep N/A:N/A (2017). PubMed: 29229673
- Hadadi E et al. Differential IL-1ß secretion by monocyte subsets is regulated by Hsp27 through modulating mRNA stability. Sci Rep 6:39035 (2016). Flow Cyt . PubMed: 27976724