Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [Y154] to Caspase-2
- Suitable for: WB
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Caspase-2 antibody [Y154]
See all Caspase-2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [Y154] to Caspase-2
SpecificityThis antibody is specific for the pro form and the p18 cleaved form of Caspase-2.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Caspase-2 aa 250-350 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P42575
- Jurkat cell lysate.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab32021 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 49 kDa).
Detects bands of approximately 50 kDa (pro form) and 18 kDa (p18 cleaved form).
FunctionInvolved in the activation cascade of caspases responsible for apoptosis execution. Might function by either activating some proteins required for cell death or inactivating proteins necessary for cell survival.
Tissue specificityExpressed at higher levels in the embryonic lung, liver and kidney than in the heart and brain. In adults, higher level expression is seen in the placenta, lung, kidney, and pancreas than in the heart, brain, liver and skeletal muscle.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C14A family.
Contains 1 CARD domain.
modificationsThe mature protease can process its own propeptide, but not that of other caspases.
- Information by UniProt
- CASP 2 antibody
- CASP-2 antibody
- Casp2 antibody
Lane 1: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lane 2: Caspase 2 knockout HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 and 2: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab182738 observed at 51 kDa. Red - loading control, ab8226, observed at 42 kDa.
ab32021 was shown to recognize caspase 2 when caspase 2 knockout samples were used, along with additional cross-reactive bands. Wild-type and caspase 2 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab32021 and ab8226 (loading control to beta actin) were diluted 1/50 and 1/1000 respectively and incubated overnight at 4°C. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed ab216773 and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed ab216776 secondary antibodies at 1/10000 dilution for 1 h at room temperature before imaging.
Anti-Caspase-2 antibody [Y154] (ab32021) at 1/500 dilution + Jurkat cell lysate.
Predicted band size: 49 kDa
Observed band size: 50 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 18 kDa (possible cleavage fragment)
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab32021 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Mizoguchi A et al. MicroRNA-8073: Tumor suppressor and potential therapeutic treatment. PLoS One 13:e0209750 (2018). PubMed: 30589909
- Sikorski K et al. A high-throughput pipeline for validation of antibodies. Nat Methods 15:909-912 (2018). PubMed: 30377371
- Majumder P et al. Cellular levels of Grb2 and cytoskeleton stability are correlated in a neurodegenerative scenario. Dis Model Mech 10:655-669 (2017). PubMed: 28360125
- Yang GW et al. Ferulic Acid Exerts Anti-Angiogenic and Anti-Tumor Activity by Targeting Fibroblast Growth Factor Receptor 1-Mediated Angiogenesis. Int J Mol Sci 16:24011-31 (2015). PubMed: 26473837
- Shen Q et al. Regulation of CRADD-caspase 2 cascade by histone deacetylase 1 in gastric cancer. Am J Transl Res 6:538-47 (2014). PubMed: 25360218
- Jelínek M et al. Caspase-2 is involved in cell death induction by taxanes in breast cancer cells. Cancer Cell Int 13:42 (2013). WB . PubMed: 23672670
- Yoon JY et al. Synergistic apoptotic response between valproic acid and fludarabine in chronic lymphocytic leukaemia (CLL) cells involves the lysosomal protease cathepsin B. Blood Cancer J 3:e153 (2013). Human, Human, Human, Human . PubMed: 24141622
- Aiyar SE et al. TMS, a chemically modified herbal derivative of resveratrol, induces cell death by targeting Bax. Breast Cancer Res Treat 124:265-77 (2010). PubMed: 20490654