Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Caspase-3
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Caspase-3 antibody
See all Caspase-3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Caspase-3
SpecificityAb44976 does not recognize the p12 or p17 activated forms of caspase-3.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human Caspase-3.
Database link: P42574
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.01% PBS, 0.2% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab44976 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 32 kDa.
1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 32 kDa.
FunctionInvolved in the activation cascade of caspases responsible for apoptosis execution. At the onset of apoptosis it proteolytically cleaves poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) at a '216-Asp-
-Gly-217' bond. Cleaves and activates sterol regulatory element binding proteins (SREBPs) between the basic helix-loop-helix leucine zipper domain and the membrane attachment domain. Cleaves and activates caspase-6, -7 and -9. Involved in the cleavage of huntingtin.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in lung, spleen, heart, liver and kidney. Moderate levels in brain and skeletal muscle, and low in testis. Also found in many cell lines, highest expression in cells of the immune system.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C14A family.
modificationsCleavage by granzyme B, caspase-6, caspase-8 and caspase-10 generates the two active subunits. Additional processing of the propeptides is likely due to the autocatalytic activity of the activated protease. Active heterodimers between the small subunit of caspase-7 protease and the large subunit of caspase-3 also occur and vice versa.
S-nitrosylated on its catalytic site cysteine in unstimulated human cell lines and denitrosylated upon activation of the Fas apoptotic pathway, associated with an increase in intracellular caspase activity. Fas therefore activates caspase-3 not only by inducing the cleavage of the caspase zymogen to its active subunits, but also by stimulating the denitrosylation of its active site thiol.
- Information by UniProt
- A830040C14Rik antibody
- Apopain antibody
- CASP 3 antibody
ab44976 has been referenced in 120 publications.
- Wu T et al. lncRNA SNHG16 Mediates Cell Proliferation and Apoptosis in Cholangiocarcinoma by Directly Targeting miR-146a-5p/GATA6 Axis. Biochem Genet N/A:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33797690
- Wang K et al. Glutathione S-transferase ? 1 promotes the proliferation, migration and invasion, and inhibits the apoptosis of non-small cell lung cancer cells, via the JAK/STAT3 signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep 23:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33236161
- Jing L et al. Norwogonin attenuates hypoxia-induced oxidative stress and apoptosis in PC12 cells. BMC Complement Med Ther 21:18 (2021). PubMed: 33413359
- Wang Y et al. Discovery of LAMP-2A as potential biomarkers for glioblastoma development by modulating apoptosis through N-CoR degradation. Cell Commun Signal 19:40 (2021). PubMed: 33761934
- Meng L et al. Costunolide attenuates oxygen-glucose deprivation/reperfusion-induced mitochondrial-mediated apoptosis in PC12 cells. Mol Med Rep 23:N/A (2021). PubMed: 33786628