Product nameAnti-Caspase-3 antibody
See all Caspase-3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Caspase-3
SpecificityAb44976 does not recognize the p12 or p17 activated forms of caspase-3.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, IHC-P, WB, ICC/IF, IHC-Frmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Human, Monkey
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human Caspase-3.
Database link: P42574
- Mouse brain tissue; HuT 78 and CCRF-HSB-2 whole cell lysates.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.01% PBS, 0.2% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab44976 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500. Predicted molecular weight: 32 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 20664058|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. See Abreviews|
FunctionInvolved in the activation cascade of caspases responsible for apoptosis execution. At the onset of apoptosis it proteolytically cleaves poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) at a '216-Asp-
-Gly-217' bond. Cleaves and activates sterol regulatory element binding proteins (SREBPs) between the basic helix-loop-helix leucine zipper domain and the membrane attachment domain. Cleaves and activates caspase-6, -7 and -9. Involved in the cleavage of huntingtin.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in lung, spleen, heart, liver and kidney. Moderate levels in brain and skeletal muscle, and low in testis. Also found in many cell lines, highest expression in cells of the immune system.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C14A family.
modificationsCleavage by granzyme B, caspase-6, caspase-8 and caspase-10 generates the two active subunits. Additional processing of the propeptides is likely due to the autocatalytic activity of the activated protease. Active heterodimers between the small subunit of caspase-7 protease and the large subunit of caspase-3 also occur and vice versa.
S-nitrosylated on its catalytic site cysteine in unstimulated human cell lines and denitrosylated upon activation of the Fas apoptotic pathway, associated with an increase in intracellular caspase activity. Fas therefore activates caspase-3 not only by inducing the cleavage of the caspase zymogen to its active subunits, but also by stimulating the denitrosylation of its active site thiol.
- Information by UniProt
- A830040C14Rik antibody
- Apopain antibody
- CASP 3 antibody
ab44976, at 1/100, staining Caspase-3 in mouse brain tissue sections by immunohistochemistry (formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections). Sections were paraformaldehyde fixed prior to blocking in 5% BSA for 1 hour at 25°C and then incubated with ab44976, for 12 hours at 4°C. A donkey polyclonal to rabbit Ig, diluted 1/500 was used as the secondary antibody. The green shows staining of caspase 3 and the blue DAPI.
Western blot analysis of caspase-3 precursor expression in HuT 78 (A) and CCRF-HSB-2 (B) whole cell lysates.
ab44976 has been referenced in 80 publications.
- Liu L et al. PTEN inhibits non-small cell lung cancer cell growth by promoting G0/G1 arrest and cell apoptosis. Oncol Lett 17:1333-1340 (2019). PubMed: 30655903
- Tang YJ et al. Bisperoxovanadium protects against spinal cord injury by regulating autophagy via activation of ERK1/2 signaling. Drug Des Devel Ther 13:513-521 (2019). PubMed: 30774313
- Jin X et al. MicroRNA-105 promotes epithelial-mesenchymal transition of nonsmall lung cancer cells through upregulating Mcl-1. J Cell Biochem 120:5880-5888 (2019). PubMed: 30317672
- Sun J et al. Protective functions of myricetin in LPS-induced cardiomyocytes H9c2 cells injury by regulation of MALAT1. Eur J Med Res 24:20 (2019). PubMed: 31027517
- Jiang ZJ et al. Galectin-1 gene silencing inhibits the activation and proliferation but induces the apoptosis of hepatic stellate cells from mice with liver fibrosis. Int J Mol Med 43:103-116 (2019). PubMed: 30365068