Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Caspase-4
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
- Research with confidence – consistent and reproducible results with every batch
- Long-term and scalable supply – powered by recombinant technology for fast production
- Success from the first experiment – confirmed specificity through extensive validation
- Ethical standards compliant – production is animal-free
Product nameAnti-Caspase-4 antibody
See all Caspase-4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Caspase-4
Specificityab22687 recognises proenzyme (43 kDa) and the large subunit (19 kDa) and small (10 kDa) subunits of mature enzyme. For the mature enzyme, reactivity is strongest with the large subunit. No cross reactivity with other human caspases tested (1 to 3, 5 to 10, 14).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human Caspase-4.
The Life Science industry has been in the grips of a reproducibility crisis for a number of years. Abcam is leading the way in addressing this with our range of recombinant monoclonal antibodies and knockout edited cell lines for gold-standard validation. Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing.
If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, along with publications, customer reviews and Q&As
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituent: Whole serum
Concentration information loading...
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab22687 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Not tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionInvolved in the activation cascade of caspases responsible for apoptosis execution. Cleaves caspase-1.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed, with highest levels in spleen and lung. Moderate expression in heart and liver, low expression in skeletal muscle, kidney and testis. Not found in the brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C14A family.
Contains 1 CARD domain.
modificationsThe two subunits are derived from the precursor sequence by an autocatalytic mechanism or by cleavage by Caspase-8.
- Information by UniProt
- Apoptotic cysteine protease Mih1/TX antibody
- CASP-4 antibody
- CASP4 antibody
ab22687 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Chen N et al. Cathepsin B regulates non-canonical NLRP3 inflammasome pathway by modulating activation of caspase-11 in Kupffer cells. Cell Prolif 51:e12487 (2018). PubMed: 30084208
- Kaul Z & Chakrabarti O Tumor susceptibility gene 101 regulates predisposition to apoptosis via ESCRT machinery accessory proteins. Mol Biol Cell 28:2106-2122 (2017). PubMed: 28539405
- Moorwood C & Barton ER Caspase-12 ablation preserves muscle function in the mdx mouse. Hum Mol Genet 23:5325-41 (2014). PubMed: 24879640
- Park GB et al. Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress-Mediated Apoptosis of EBV-Transformed B Cells by Cross-Linking of CD70 Is Dependent upon Generation of Reactive Oxygen Species and Activation of p38 MAPK and JNK Pathway. J Immunol 185:7274-84 (2010). WB . PubMed: 21078900