Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Caspase-4
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Caspase-4 antibody
See all Caspase-4 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Caspase-4
Specificityab25898 recognises Caspase-4.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Caspase-4 aa 20-70 (N terminal).
- Mouse spleen. Ramos cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25898 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 34 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 31 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.|
FunctionInvolved in the activation cascade of caspases responsible for apoptosis execution. Cleaves caspase-1.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed, with highest levels in spleen and lung. Moderate expression in heart and liver, low expression in skeletal muscle, kidney and testis. Not found in the brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C14A family.
Contains 1 CARD domain.
modificationsThe two subunits are derived from the precursor sequence by an autocatalytic mechanism or by cleavage by Caspase-8.
- Information by UniProt
- Apoptotic cysteine protease Mih1/TX antibody
- CASP-4 antibody
- CASP4 antibody
Lane 1 : Anti-Caspase-4 antibody (ab25898) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-Caspase-4 antibody (ab25898) at 1 µg/ml
All lanes : Ramos cell lysate
Predicted band size: 31 kDa
Observed band size: ~34 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ab25898 Immunohistochemical staining Caspase-4 of mouse spleen using 2 µg/ml (paraffin embedded sections).
ab25898 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Zhang Z et al. Caspase-11-mediated tubular epithelial pyroptosis underlies contrast-induced acute kidney injury. Cell Death Dis 9:983 (2018). PubMed: 30250284
- Ghavami S et al. Apoptosis, autophagy and ER stress in mevalonate cascade inhibition-induced cell death of human atrial fibroblasts. Cell Death Dis 3:e330 (2012). WB ; Human . PubMed: 22717585
- Sansanwal P et al. Caspase-4 may play a role in loss of proximal tubules and renal injury in nephropathic cystinosis. Pediatr Nephrol : (2009). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 19705160