Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Caspase-7
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Caspase-7 antibody
See all Caspase-7 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Caspase-7
Specificityab25900 recognises Caspase-7.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Caspase-7 aa 1-16 (C terminal).
Database link: P55210
- Jurkat cell lysate, human skeletal muscle cell
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab25900 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 2 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.5 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 30 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).|
FunctionInvolved in the activation cascade of caspases responsible for apoptosis execution. Cleaves and activates sterol regulatory element binding proteins (SREBPs). Proteolytically cleaves poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) at a '216-Asp-
-Gly-217' bond. Overexpression promotes programmed cell death.
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in lung, skeletal muscle, liver, kidney, spleen and heart, and moderately in testis. No expression in the brain.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C14A family.
modificationsCleavages by granzyme B or caspase-10 generate the two active subunits. Propeptide domains can also be cleaved efficiently by caspase-3. Active heterodimers between the small subunit of caspase-7 and the large subunit of caspase-3, and vice versa, also occur.
- Information by UniProt
- Apoptotic protease Mch-3 antibody
- Apoptotic protease MCH3 antibody
- CASP-7 antibody
Lane 1 : Anti-Caspase-7 antibody (ab25900) at 0.5 µg/ml
Lane 2 : Anti-Caspase-7 antibody (ab25900) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 3 : Anti-Caspase-7 antibody (ab25900) at 2 µg/ml
All lanes : Human skeletal
muscle cell lysate
Predicted band size: 34 kDa
Observed band size: 30 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunohistochemical staining of human skeletal muscle (paraffin embedded sections) using ab25900 anti Caspase-7 at 2 µg/ml.
ab25900 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Zhao Y et al. Cortistatin binds to TNF-a receptors and protects against osteoarthritis. EBioMedicine 41:556-570 (2019). PubMed: 30826358
- Chen J et al. SM-164 enhances the antitumor activity of adriamycin in human U2-OS cells via downregulation of X-linked inhibitor of apoptosis protein. Mol Med Rep 19:5079-5086 (2019). PubMed: 31059038
- Yin Y et al. Expression of miRNA-214 in the sera of elderly patients with acute myocardial infarction and its effect on cardiomyocyte apoptosis. Exp Ther Med 17:4657-4662 (2019). PubMed: 31086597
- Zhao Q et al. Protective effects of dehydrocostuslactone on rat hippocampal slice injury induced by oxygen-glucose deprivation/reoxygenation. Int J Mol Med 42:1190-1198 (2018). PubMed: 29786748
- Ma J et al. Reversing drug resistance of soft tumor-repopulating cells by tumor cell-derived chemotherapeutic microparticles. Cell Res 26:713-27 (2016). PubMed: 27167569