Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Caspase-9
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ELISA, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Caspase-9 antibody
See all Caspase-9 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Caspase-9
Specificityab52298 detects endogenous levels of fragment of activated Caspase 9 resulting from cleavage adjacent to Asp 353.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-Fr, IHC-P, ELISA, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Mouse Caspase-9.
(Peptide available as
- Human lung carcinoma tissue.
General notesab52298 is cleaved at Asp353
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab52298 was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen.
Immunizing Peptide (Blocking)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52298 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 20520761|
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 21765948|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa.Can be blocked with Caspase-9 peptide (ab171520).|
FunctionInvolved in the activation cascade of caspases responsible for apoptosis execution. Binding of caspase-9 to Apaf-1 leads to activation of the protease which then cleaves and activates caspase-3. Proteolytically cleaves poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP).
Isoform 2 lacks activity is an dominant-negative inhibitor of caspase-9.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous, with highest expression in the heart, moderate expression in liver, skeletal muscle, and pancreas. Low levels in all other tissues. Within the heart, specifically expressed in myocytes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C14A family.
Contains 1 CARD domain.
Developmental stageExpressed at low levels in fetal heart, at moderate levels in neonate heart, and at high levels in adult heart.
modificationsCleavages at Asp-315 by granzyme B and at Asp-330 by caspase-3 generate the two active subunits. Caspase-8 and -10 can also be involved in these processing events.
- Information by UniProt
- APAF-3 antibody
- APAF3 antibody
- Apoptosis related cysteine peptidase antibody
All lanes : Anti-Caspase-9 antibody (ab52298) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : NIH/3T3 (mouse embryo fibroblast cell line) cell lysate
Lane 2 : NIH/3T3 (mouse embryo fibroblast cell line) cell lysate with Blocked with synthesized peptide
Predicted band size: 46 kDa
ab52298 at 1/50 dilution staining Caspase 9 in human lung carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin embedded tissue, in the absence or presence of the immunising peptide.
ab52298 staining Caspase 9 - Cleaved Asp353 in mouse primary C4-HI cancer cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. Cells were fixed in 10% formalin for 20 minutes at room temperature and incubated overnight at 4°C with the primary antibody. The corresponding secondary FITC-conjugated antibody was used at 1/100 dilution and incubated for 1 hour at room temperature. Nuclei were stained red with propidium iodide.
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen retina tissue, taken from wild-type (top) or S334ter rhodopsin transgenic rats (bottom).
Caspase 9 - Cleaved Asp353 was stained using ab52298 at 1/100 dilution. An AlexaFluor® 488-conjugated IgG was used as the secondary antibody.
ab52298 has been referenced in 37 publications.
- Zheng Y et al. Desflurane Preconditioning Protects Against Renal Ischemia-Reperfusion Injury and Inhibits Inflammation and Oxidative Stress in Rats Through Regulating the Nrf2-Keap1-ARE Signaling Pathway. Drug Des Devel Ther 14:1351-1362 (2020). PubMed: 32308368
- Hu X et al. LncRNA Oprm1 overexpression attenuates myocardial ischemia/reperfusion injury by increasing endogenous hydrogen sulfide via Oprm1/miR-30b-5p/CSE axis. Life Sci 254:117699 (2020). PubMed: 32437793
- Zhou J et al. CircRNA-ENO1 promoted glycolysis and tumor progression in lung adenocarcinoma through upregulating its host gene ENO1. Cell Death Dis 10:885 (2019). PubMed: 31767835
- Proboningrat A et al. The potency of chitosan-based Pinus merkusii bark extract nanoparticles as anti-cancer on HeLa cell lines. Vet World 12:1616-1623 (2019). PubMed: 31849424
- Abdallah AN et al. Evaluation of treatment of experimentally induced canine model of multiple sclerosis using laser activated non-expanded adipose derived stem cells. Res Vet Sci 125:71-81 (2019). PubMed: 31152923