Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Caspase-9
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Human, Monkey
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Caspase-9 antibody
See all Caspase-9 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Caspase-9
SpecificityDetects bands of ~46-50kDa (proform) and ~35/37kDa, ~18kDa, ~10kDa (processed) by Western blot.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Sheep, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Human, Monkey
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human Caspase-9 (N terminal). procaspase-9 region
Database link: P55211
- HeLa Cell Lysate (Heat Shocked); Jurkat cell lysate
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab69514 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500. Detects a band of approximately 50 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 46 kDa).|
FunctionInvolved in the activation cascade of caspases responsible for apoptosis execution. Binding of caspase-9 to Apaf-1 leads to activation of the protease which then cleaves and activates caspase-3. Proteolytically cleaves poly(ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP).
Isoform 2 lacks activity is an dominant-negative inhibitor of caspase-9.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous, with highest expression in the heart, moderate expression in liver, skeletal muscle, and pancreas. Low levels in all other tissues. Within the heart, specifically expressed in myocytes.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C14A family.
Contains 1 CARD domain.
Developmental stageExpressed at low levels in fetal heart, at moderate levels in neonate heart, and at high levels in adult heart.
modificationsCleavages at Asp-315 by granzyme B and at Asp-330 by caspase-3 generate the two active subunits. Caspase-8 and -10 can also be involved in these processing events.
- Information by UniProt
- APAF-3 antibody
- APAF3 antibody
- Apoptosis related cysteine peptidase antibody
All lanes : Anti-Caspase-9 antibody (ab69514) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Jurkat cell lysate
Lane 2 : apoptosis-induced Jurkat cell lysate
Predicted band size: 46 kDa
Observed band size: 50 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 36 kDa, 40 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab69514 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Dai YJ et al. Chronic inflammation is a key to inducing liver injury in blunt snout bream (Megalobrama amblycephala) fed with high-fat diet. Dev Comp Immunol 97:28-37 (2019). PubMed: 30910418
- Yang Y et al. Reduction in milk fat globule-EGF factor 8 inhibits triple-negative breast cancer cell viability and migration. Oncol Lett 17:3457-3465 (2019). PubMed: 30867784
- Yu Y et al. GroEL Protein (Heat Shock Protein 60) of Mycoplasma gallisepticum Induces Apoptosis in Host Cells by Interacting with Annexin A2. Infect Immun 87:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31235640
- Zhou Y et al. Angelica polysaccharide mitigates lipopolysaccharide-evoked inflammatory injury by regulating microRNA-10a in neuronal cell line HT22. Artif Cells Nanomed Biotechnol 47:3194-3201 (2019). PubMed: 31353963
- Li F et al. Heat Shock Protein B8 (HSPB8) Reduces Oxygen-Glucose Deprivation/Reperfusion Injury via the Induction of Mitophagy. Cell Physiol Biochem 48:1492-1504 (2018). PubMed: 30071537