1. Harvest the amount of microalgae necessary for each assay (initial recommendation = 15 mg).
2. Resuspend microalgae in 500 μL of cold Assay Buffer.
3. Sonicate the sample for 30 seconds on ice. Repeat three times.
4. Centrifuge 10 minutes at 4ºC at 10,000g using a cold microcentrifuge to remove any insoluble material.
5. Collect supernatant and transfer to a clean tube.
6. Keep on ice.
- It is recommended to perform several dilution of your sample to ensure the reading are within the standard value range. In this case the dilution factor was 1:100.
Submitted Aug 31 2018