Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cathelicidin/CLP
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cathelicidin/CLP antibody
See all Cathelicidin/CLP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cathelicidin/CLP
There is 71% homology between the immunogen and mouse cathelicidin/CLP. This antibody has been published (see PubMed: 21724991) with mouse samples, but we were unable to see an appropriately sized band in mouse spleen or small intestine by WB. It may be that certain lots have worked with mouse, but we are unable to guarantee cross-reactivity with mouse after our testing.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Cathelicidin/CLP aa 50-100 (internal sequence). The exact sequence is proprietary.
Database link: P49913
- Human spleen tissue lysate.
This product was previously labelled as Cathelicidin
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab69484 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 20 µg/ml.|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 19 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 19 kDa).|
FunctionBinds to bacterial lipopolysaccharides (LPS), has antibacterial activity.
Tissue specificityExpressed in bone marrow and testis and neutrophils.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the cathelicidin family.
modificationsThe N-terminus is blocked.
- Information by UniProt
- 18 kDa cationic antimicrobial protein antibody
- Antibacterial peptide LL-37 antibody
- Antibacterial protein FALL-39 antibody
ab69484 at 5 µg/ml staining Cathelicidin/CLP in human spleen tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
Anti-Cathelicidin/CLP antibody (ab69484) at 1 µg/ml + Human spleen tissue lysate at 15 µg
Predicted band size: 19 kDa
Observed band size: 19 kDa
Immunofluorescence of Cathelicidin/CLP in Human Spleen cells using ab69484 at 20 ug/ml.
ab69484 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Chen S et al. Eluted 25-hydroxyvitamin D3 from radially aligned nanofiber scaffolds enhances cathelicidin production while reducing inflammatory response in human immune system-engrafted mice. Acta Biomater 97:187-199 (2019). PubMed: 31386930
- Lazzaretto B & Fadeel B Intra- and Extracellular Degradation of Neutrophil Extracellular Traps by Macrophages and Dendritic Cells. J Immunol 203:2276-2290 (2019). PubMed: 31519860
- Harman RM et al. Antimicrobial peptides secreted by equine mesenchymal stromal cells inhibit the growth of bacteria commonly found in skin wounds. Stem Cell Res Ther 8:157 (2017). PubMed: 28676123
- Li S et al. Exposure to fermentation supernatant of Staphylococcus aureus accelerated dedifferentiation of chondrocytes and production of antimicrobial peptides. J Orthop Res N/A:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28513981
- Douda DN et al. Innate immune collectin surfactant protein d simultaneously binds both neutrophil extracellular traps and carbohydrate ligands and promotes bacterial trapping. J Immunol 187:1856-65 (2011). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21724991