Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cathepsin B
- Suitable for: ELISA, WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cathepsin B antibody
See all Cathepsin B primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cathepsin B
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ELISA, WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length native protein (purified): Cathepsin B from Human liver.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Add glycerol to a final volume of 50% for extra stability and aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab30443 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ELISA||1/250 - 1/500.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/5000. Predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. See Abreview.|
FunctionThiol protease which is believed to participate in intracellular degradation and turnover of proteins. Has also been implicated in tumor invasion and metastasis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C1 family.
Cellular localizationLysosome. Melanosome. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
- Amyloid precursor protein secretase antibody
- APP secretase antibody
- APPS antibody
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab30443 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Han X et al. AMPK activation protects cells from oxidative stress-induced senescence via autophagic flux restoration and intracellular NAD(+) elevation. Aging Cell 15:416-27 (2016). PubMed: 26890602
- Lohoefer F et al. Quantitative expression and localization of cysteine and aspartic proteases in human abdominal aortic aneurysms. Exp Mol Med 46:e95 (2014). WB, IP ; Human . PubMed: 24833013
- Li C et al. Expression and clinical significance of cathepsin B and stefin A in laryngeal cancer. Oncol Rep 26:869-75 (2011). PubMed: 21667036
- Krohne TU et al. Lipid peroxidation products reduce lysosomal protease activities in human retinal pigment epithelial cells via two different mechanisms of action. Exp Eye Res 90:261-6 (2010). PubMed: 19895809