Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [CA10] to Cathepsin B
- Suitable for: IHC-P, Flow Cyt, WB, IP, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Cow, Human, Pig
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-Cathepsin B antibody [CA10]
See all Cathepsin B primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [CA10] to Cathepsin B
SpecificityThis antibody recognizes an epitope on the heavy chain of mature Cathepsin B and therefore detects both mature (~31 kDa) and pro (~43 kDa)Cathepsin B.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, Flow Cyt, WB, IP, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Cow, Human, Pig
Cathepsin B purified from human liver
EpitopeWithin the heavy chain of mature cathepsin B
- HepG2 cells
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term.
Storage bufferConstituents: 0.158% Ammonium bicarbonate, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesPurified from ascites.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab58802 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 0.5µg for 106 cells.
ab170191 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|WB||Use a concentration of 0.25 µg/ml. Predicted molecular weight: 38 kDa.|
|IP||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionThiol protease which is believed to participate in intracellular degradation and turnover of proteins. Has also been implicated in tumor invasion and metastasis.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase C1 family.
Cellular localizationLysosome. Melanosome. Identified by mass spectrometry in melanosome fractions from stage I to stage IV.
- Information by UniProt
- Amyloid precursor protein secretase antibody
- APP secretase antibody
- APPS antibody
ab58802 staining Cathepsin B in murine mammary gland tissue by Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections).
Tissue was fixed in formaldehyde and a heat mediated antigen retrieval step was performed using citrate buffer. Samples were then blocked and then incubated with ab58802 at a 1/200 dilution for 30 minutes at 22°C. The secondary used was a biotin conjugated rabbit anti-mouse monoclonal at a 1/250 dilution.
Anti-Cathepsin B antibody [CA10] (ab58802) at 0.25 µg/ml +
Native human Cathepsin B protein (ab90387) at 0.01 µg
Goat Anti-Mouse IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97040) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 38 kDa
Exposure time: 10 seconds
Immunofluorescence analysis of U87MG cells incubated with netrin-1, staining Cathepsin B with ab58802.
Overlay histogram showing HepG2 cells stained with ab58802 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab58802, 0.5µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HepG2 cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
ab58802 has been referenced in 51 publications.
- Helfen A et al. Target-Specific Imaging of Cathepsin and S100A8/A9 Reflects Specific Features of Malignancy and Enables Estimation of Tumor Malignancy. Mol Imaging Biol 22:66-72 (2020). PubMed: 31098983
- Wang H et al. Cathepsin B inhibition ameliorates leukocyte-endothelial adhesion in the BTBR mouse model of autism. CNS Neurosci Ther 25:476-485 (2019). PubMed: 30328295
- Mehra S et al. Expression and Clinical Implications of Cysteine Cathepsins in Gallbladder Carcinoma. Front Oncol 9:1239 (2019). PubMed: 31824841
- Wang LL et al. Downregulation of long noncoding RNA LINC01419 inhibits cell migration, invasion, and tumor growth and promotes autophagy via inactivation of the PI3K/Akt1/mTOR pathway in gastric cancer. Ther Adv Med Oncol 11:1758835919874651 (2019). PubMed: 31579114
- Martins WK et al. Parallel damage in mitochondria and lysosomes is an efficient way to photoinduce cell death. Autophagy 15:259-279 (2019). PubMed: 30176156