Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cathepsin G
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cathepsin G antibody
See all Cathepsin G primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cathepsin G
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Recombinant fragment corresponding to Human Cathepsin G (internal sequence).
Database link: P08311
- Mouse brain tissue lysate
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.4
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 49% PBS, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine)
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab197354 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 29 kDa.|
FunctionSerine protease with trypsin- and chymotrypsin-like specificity. Cleaves complement C3. Has antibacterial activity against the Gram-negative bacterium P.aeruginosa, antibacterial activity is inhibited by LPS from P.aeruginosa, Z-Gly-Leu-Phe-CH2Cl and phenylmethylsulfonyl fluoride.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the peptidase S1 family.
Contains 1 peptidase S1 domain.
Cellular localizationCell surface.
- Information by UniProt
- CATG antibody
- CATG_HUMAN antibody
- Cathepsin G antibody
ab197354 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Yang W et al. Proteomic analysis reveals a protective role of specific macrophage subsets in liver repair. Sci Rep 9:2953 (2019). PubMed: 30814596
- Rahman RMA et al. Expression of Cathepsins B, D, and G in WHO Grade I Meningioma. Front Surg 6:6 (2019). PubMed: 30949483
- Rehm SRT et al. Premedication with a cathepsin C inhibitor alleviates early primary graft dysfunction in mouse recipients after lung transplantation. Sci Rep 9:9925 (2019). PubMed: 31289357
- Gonzalez AA et al. Potassium Intake Prevents the Induction of the Renin-Angiotensin System and Increases Medullary ACE2 and COX-2 in the Kidneys of Angiotensin II-Dependent Hypertensive Rats. Front Pharmacol 10:1212 (2019). PubMed: 31680980
- Sionov RV et al. Neutrophil Cathepsin G and Tumor Cell RAGE Facilitate Neutrophil Anti-Tumor Cytotoxicity. Oncoimmunology 8:e1624129 (2019). PubMed: 31428521
- Tan K et al. Expression and Localization of Cathepsins B, D, and G in Dupuytren's Disease. Plast Reconstr Surg Glob Open 6:e1686 (2018). PubMed: 29616179
- Mehrotra S et al. Expression and Localization of Cathepsins B, D and G in Cancer Stem Cells in Liver Metastasis From Colon Adenocarcinoma. Front Surg 5:40 (2018). PubMed: 30177970